Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Crash during ground missions
02-09-2010, 08:35 AM
At first I thought it was a one off thing that happens every now and then as all games are never 100% perfect. However each night I play I am 100% garunteed for the system to crash at least once when I am on ground missions. I am running the game on high spec, medium shadows and all % options at 100% no xAA and X8AF. I have no issues at all in the space missions they run perfectly but as I've said on the ground is another story. My system specs are as follows:

Q6600 running at 2.4Ghz (standard)
2GB DDR3 1066mhz
3870X2 ATI card with most up to date graphics drivers
Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Or do you have any suggestions as to what it may be?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Armstrong
At first I thought it was a one off thing that happens every now and then as all games are never 100% perfect. However each night I play I am 100% garunteed for the system to crash at least once when I am on ground missions. I am running the game on high spec, medium shadows and all % options at 100% no xAA and X8AF. I have no issues at all in the space missions they run perfectly but as I've said on the ground is another story. My system specs are as follows:

Q6600 running at 2.4Ghz (standard)
2GB DDR3 1066mhz
3870X2 ATI card with most up to date graphics drivers
Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Or do you have any suggestions as to what it may be?
Same here.. some of the longer missions I just can't even get through because it will crash.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Guess I had a similar problem, after lowering my setting from high to medium I solved it
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Same problem here, but only recently. This never happened in OB or head start. Using ATI here too, 5700 series. Catalyst 10.1 that I just updated to hoping it would fix my problem but made no difference.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I have the same problem on the Starbase 24 away mission, about halfway through at the exact same place it crashes to desktop. Highly frustrating. The game is not polished.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Just out of curiosity is everyone here using an ATI card?

@Thine71 I'll give that a try but the game runs smoothly with no stuttering or what looks like the system would be straining so I am not sure if that would solve the issue. I'll give it a go just in case though, thanks for the tip. It would be annoying though to have to switch graphics from high to medium each time I want to play ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 02:49 AM
I've got a highend system. I too, crash on almsot every single ground mission. At first I thoughtit was the graphics intensity, but then why would i be able to run UT3 or Crysis or Mass Effect, or any other graphics hoging game on max settings and it run fine, and this one not? ANyone figure out a fix or whatnot yet?

Intel i7-920
ATI HD4850
12GB RAM
20Mb/s Cable connection
Windows 7 64-bit
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Ive had the same issue with the following specs..

955BE at 4ghz

8GB DDR3

3x crossfire with 2 4890s and one 5870

Win 7 64 bit

I found the temporary solution to be turning the lighting to low (which also switches the shadows to low) by doing this it never crashes..Then I turn it all back on after I get back to space.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Raytheon

I found the temporary solution to be turning the lighting to low (which also switches the shadows to low) by doing this it never crashes..Then I turn it all back on after I get back to space.
I'll try that as a temp fix would be good to hear from an admin as to what they think would be causing it. As stated by someone else before I also can run Crysis on max settings with no problems (even though crysis is a badly coded game with tons of bugs). But I'd hate to keep swapping back and forth between settings we shouldnt have to be doing that in order to play the game. I realise I know that this is new and thats why mmos get patched I just hope its not left in the background or perhaps the admins are awaire of this and know of a fix that I can do other than altering the settings every 10-20 mins in order to have uninterupted gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Armstrong
I'll try that as a temp fix would be good to hear from an admin as to what they think would be causing it. As stated by someone else before I also can run Crysis on max settings with no problems (even though crysis is a badly coded game with tons of bugs). But I'd hate to keep swapping back and forth between settings we shouldnt have to be doing that in order to play the game. I realise I know that this is new and thats why mmos get patched I just hope its not left in the background or perhaps the admins are awaire of this and know of a fix that I can do other than altering the settings every 10-20 mins in order to have uninterupted gameplay.
Yeah, again its only the lighting that ive found at error, I tried just setting shadows to low and it continued to crash, must be bugged, I know must of us are setup up to run not only crysis but up to dx 11 as well, its just a graphics issue not our systems, I noticed it causes poor fps as well so it could be programing similiar to Crysis but worse... I think the Crysis lighting code is onna the worst parts of its programming too.