Lt. Commander
Has anyone had trouble connecting to the game servers with wifi?
Since the latest patch, when I run the client, my wifi looses *all* connectivity (no upload-download; disconnects; no networks detected) on my end and will not reconnect with the router until I quit the STO program. After I close the program - bam - internet returns.

What in the world was in that last patch!!!??!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
thread bump...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
first thing to try is change your wireless channel
right click your network connection status icon in the task tray and select repair
if that dosent solve the problem
are you using vist a or win7?
if you use vista try a tool called vista anti-lag or under win7 try wlan optimiser or vista-anti lag
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reply! I don't have an option to change wireless channels, but I certainly will give those anti-lag programs a try.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
The Visa AntiLag program seems to have slightly improved my connection to the wireless router. I've had one instance of loosing the connection to the router since using that program.

Because of that, I was able to complete ONE patrol mission with only two or three server disconnects.

That being said, the game is still completely unplayable in it's current state. Before this last patch, I was actually able to play almost normally for a few hours. Now, it's just impossible.