Lt. Commander
Was doing some defend DS9 sector runs yesterday and I saw a level 4 in there getting ass *****. This instance is tuned for around the Captain 1 area.

Wonder if he was getting uber exp or something, probably not. He sure was dying a lot though, which was some what entertaining, to an extent.

EDIT:
My concern is this: A level 4 in a +30 instance will be doing little to nothing to help. Because its a 5 man instance, that is 1 less player within the level range unable to join that will actually make a difference and help to finish the patrols faster.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Maybe he was just flying to DS9 to check it out and got pulled in? I know that happened to me during OB, except is was by Terran Empire Feds. Is it even possible to truly PL someone in this game?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleysRule
Maybe he was just flying to DS9 to check it out and got pulled in? I know that happened to me during OB, except is was by Terran Empire Feds. Is it even possible to truly PL someone in this game?
He continually kept dying and flying back to the same spot, trying to take out the +30 patrol groups. If he had been pulled in by accident, he probably would have zoned out at first chance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 06:54 AM
Yes i notice alot of these lowbies hanging around to sponge some XP.

They are useless and in the way. Which is why i make sure to pull a couple mobs right toward them and hit all power to max speed and leave them to a very hilarious death.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post

They are useless and in the way. Which is why i make sure to pull a couple mobs right toward them and hit all power to max speed and leave them to a very hilarious death.
lolol good stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Assuming they are good enough of a player to sponge some XP off +30 ships without getting aggro, seems like it would be faster to just farm your own level defend sector missions. You're not going to do enough damage to anything to get any loot, and lose out on the quest reward xp. Eh whatever floats your boat I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 07:04 AM
You can get xp in +30 missions?

Does it scale to your level?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
You can get xp in +30 missions?

Does it scale to your level?
Seems unlikely.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post

"hilarious" perhaps, but also utterly meaningless. If they are there leaching xp, they can just NOT hit the respawn button, and still get the xp with zero downside.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedryn View Post
"hilarious" perhaps, but also utterly meaningless. If they are there leaching xp, they can just NOT hit the respawn button, and still get the xp with zero downside.
There's no penalty for trying against impossible odds. Which is a different issue, as there should be.