Lt. Commander
# 1 STO and its DEATH
02-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Ill make this quik and its only my opiion based on what im hearing and my own gameing requirment.

STO is failing

1. Ill have 2 Admirals in another month if that long
2 Ill have nothing to do then but circle.
3 There is no crafting and so STO doesnt have any of the crafter base mmo players
4 There is no reason to pvp at end game . Win Nothing . Just go around in circles. MMO PvPers will quit.
5 There is no end game.
6.Player service is the worst ive seen in an mmo in a long time. 8 tickets with automated responses(no one even read my tickets or so it looks). Fallen Earth gives you a personal email response. In any business customer service is paramount if you want to keep your customers.

And so Cryptic will get another 30 -45 bucks from me and thats it. I believe the MMO player base will fall off the check out line within 6 months and that will signal the end of what could have been the BEST mmo in 10 years.

I could go on but what is the point .
Im hugley dissapointed in the short sightedness of the Cryptic team. Better pull up your socks and go to work freindos or youll be on the soup line soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
PVP / Roleplay are the only everlasting content in an MMO. If you don't like that, buy 3 MMOs and play them alternatively subscribing them when addons are released.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Man, if I can have your stuff I will be stocked!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Dionaea doesnt like the 'fail' sketch from Billy Madeson, and censored it. I guess they must be a little senstive eh?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 09:22 AM
So then in your opinion the game is never going to expand? None of the content in the "what's next" sections is of any worth to you? The increase in Klingon PvE does not entice you?

Since when did anyone including Cryptic say this game was done at Admiral. You all act like you have never even heard of MMO's before.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
What do u expect right after the release? A fully developed game wich is playable for at least a year? Give them some credit for what they 're trying to accomplish! They'll never be able to meet everybodys expectations but at least they're trying! Despite the fact that no one else wanted 2 try to make Star Trek as a MMO.

A well designed MMO wich stuns with its graphics and gameplay will take its time. They just need to get trough the first waves of complaints and problems so that they can solve the rest and keep on developing! I'm sure everybody could write something here that he dislikes or maybe even hates about the game... But there will surely also be just as much that can say that they like or even love something in the game!

Just loosen up buddy and take care... I think they're doing good so far!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Ill make this quik and its only my opiion based on what im hearing and my own gameing requirment.

I stopped reading after you completely butchered English grammar. That had to be intentional...right?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Erm, you've played the game too quickly?!

You're burning through the ranks - are you actually enjoying the trip or was the whole way you play just to reach the end?

I wonder how many people get to the end parts of a MMO in the first two weeks or so? 1% / 5%? How many in the first month? Cryptic have lots of plans to add content and updates. give it a couple of months and see.

I'm guessing though you'll want to just crack on with the next game to burn through?

Me, still poddling around - doesn't help that I can't play in the evening due to the lag (I'm in the UK) - but I'm just enjoying my self at the moment with no crazy wish to reach the end game in the next few days!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocjaw View Post

STO is failing

1. Ill have 2 Admirals in another month if that long
2 Ill have nothing to do then but circle.
3 There is no crafting and so STO doesnt have any of the crafter base mmo players
4 There is no reason to pvp at end game . Win Nothing . Just go around in circles. MMO PvPers will quit.
5 There is no end game.
6.Player service is the worst ive seen in an mmo in a long time. 8 tickets with automated responses(no one even read my tickets or so it looks). Fallen Earth gives you a personal email response. In any business customer service is paramount if you want to keep your customers.

And so Cryptic will get another 30 -45 bucks from me and thats it. I believe the MMO player base will fall off the check out line within 6 months and that will signal the end of what could have been the BEST mmo in 10 years.

I could go on but what is the point .
Im hugley dissapointed in the short sightedness of the Cryptic team. Better pull up your socks and go to work freindos or youll be on the soup line soon.
1. Leveling that quickly in any MMO is just folly. The point and most fun of any MMO is the journey, not the destination. You're really doing yourself a disservice by skipping the journey that's meant to be taken slowly.

2. Don't rush to level then. It's your own fault. If you're reaching maximum level within a week of launch, you're doing something wrong.

3. Crafting doesn't really fit in the Trek universe where anything can be gotten from replicators. It'd be largely pointless and I'm surprised there is even the miniscule crafting that's in the game as it is.

4. There's no reason to PvP in any game. It's all e-peen flexing anyway that is altogether meaningless.

5. The game is only a week old. They don't need an endgame yet. WoW had no endgame either at launch.

6. I agree with you here. It seems Cryptic's CS team is woefully inept or understaffed.

I think a bit more patience with the game is needed before making a final decision about whether or not it'll fail. I think Cryptic will pull their socks up, and this will be a deep, polished game in about 6 months time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem
So then in your opinion the game is never going to expand? None of the content in the "what's next" sections is of any worth to you? The increase in Klingon PvE does not entice you?

Since when did anyone including Cryptic say this game was done at Admiral. You all act like you have never even heard of MMO's before.
LOL the klingon content should have been released with the game not labeled as upcoming "expanded content". Most mmo's cap levels are 50... 45? Yeah get ready to raise the level cap to 50 when Cryptic adds its next paid expansion content with romulans.

LOL at the STO FanFire Brigade swooping down to put out the flames of another unhappy STO player.