Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 12:47 AM
same problem here, i have a rare engineer with alot of points spent on him that has gone off the wall, and for some reason he has now lost his Lt Comm space skill. had a ticket open for 48 hours now and still no reply...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2010, 02:10 AM
I started a new thread, but prolly shouldn't have, considering this was here. My post is below

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=112006

So by some extreme screw up, one of my science lieutenants has wound up with a duplicate skill of my other science lieutenant's skill AND it has spent all my skill points in it too.

Basically:
lt1 has Tachyon Beam I & Tractor Beam II
lt2 has Science Team I & Tachyon Beam II

Now somehow, when I was spending my points, aiming to to end up with Tractor II --> lvl 9 & Tachyon Beam II --> 9; It somehow copied Tachyon Beam II onto lt1.

So now:
lt1 has Tachyon Beam I & Tractor Beam II AND Tachyon Beam II
lt2 remains unchanged (and hasn't received the skillpoints I spent on it)

This wouldn't be a huge problem except now I can't use Tractor Beam II because Tachyon Beam II takes its place! Now the obvious solution would be to go to the skill trainer and drop the skill, but then I would lose like 1000 officer points.

To P%#S me off even further I raised a ticket straight away, and five days later, I still haven't received a response!!!!!

I have NO desire to play a broken character, so my character has been idle for a week. YAY!!!!

So if it wouldn't be too much trouble Cryptic Support Team, can you please pay some attention to ticket #612758 ?!!??!!?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2010, 04:03 AM
So many people with same problem. C'mon dev's pull your fingers out. We need help! If I hadn't spent skill points and trained him up with my blue BO rewards I would have just dismissed him and bought a new one with energy credits.

I have PM'ed indigofyre about this BOff situation. Hopefully he/she can help escalate this issue for us as it it multiple people with BOff problems.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Bumpage so other poor buggers can see it and not make new thread with same issue.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 09:05 AM
/bump

DEVS THIS IS A SHOWSTOPPER!!! cant play this character till this is fixed!!! why are you not replying to tickets? are all theGM's on holidays? or are they so under staffed?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I too have had the same problem, today I tried to promote one of my engineers to use her Lt. Cmdr Quantum Mortar. I assigned a few extra skill points to Mine Field in the ground skill to get the level requirements. Then out of curiosity, I maxed out her Boarding I skill to see what the extra skill points would do, then to my surprise the reset button made the change permanent!?! (Don't even know if I am going to keep that one yet) I said ah well, so I went ahead and promoted her. Then when I went back to the skills tab to raise the mortar skill, I found an Emergency Power to Shields I that came out of nowhere with 9 skill points under the ensign section. I thought Great! I got an extra skill from some new leveling system . Then to my surprise, the new ensign skill was bumped to Lt and my Lt Cmdr space skill is out of reach at her console.

A similar thing happened to this officer earlier today when I trained her in Aceton Field. The Aceton skill deleted her Lt. Cmdr Ground skill, Quantum Mortar, and added Aceton as a second Lt Cmdr space skill. Fortunately I was able to fix it by retraining her in Quantum Mortar and that removed the second Aceton Field. I'm too nrevous to waste more points in retraining my ensign space skills. Does anyone think my Quantum Mortar retrain fix would undo the second Emergency Power skill and make things normal again?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I have the same problem as above.. including that my BO is now ranked above me also, he has fleet admiril pips
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Same problem here! WTF!

I just put 5 BO points into both my tactical officers and now they are both screwed. Each now has 5 space skills.

One officer got the others Ensign skill put in place of their LT. skill and it bumped their LT skill to LT. Commander level. The other officer BO got the first ones LT skill put in place of its LT Commander skill.

Officer 1 was:
Torpedo High Yield I
Cannon Rapid Fire I
Cannon Rapid Fire II
Attack Pattern Omega II

Officer 2 was:
Beam Fire at Will I
Target Shields II
Torpedo High Yield II
Tactical Team II

My 3 tactical space skills were: Torpedo High Yield I, Cannon Rapid Fire I, Beam Fire at Will I

Then this happened...

Officer 1 Now:
Torpedo High Yield I
Beam Fire at Will I
Cannon Rapid Fire I
Cannon Rapid Fire II
Attack Pattern Omega II

Officer 2 now:
Beam Fire at Will I
Target Shields II
Cannon Rapid Fire I
Torpedo High Yield II
Tactical Team II

My 3 tactical space skills now: Torpedo High Yield I, Beam Fire at Will I, Beam Fire at Will I

I don't get it. Please address this issue!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 10:19 AM
OK people, I finally suppressed my Ferengi cheapness after realizing its only 75 merits to retrain my ensign skills. So in regards to my previous post; I bit the bullet, crossed my fingers and tested my Quantum Mortar Fix. I trained my engineer in Engineering Team 1, her original Ensign level space skill, in the hopes of removing the extra Emergency power to Shields I. I am glad to report that it was successful and I now have all my skills back at their respective positions and usable in my ship's console, YEAY! On top of that, my original Engineering Team I skill retained the skill points that were already spent on it *sigh of relief*.

I bet this would work on some of the other incidents posted here, its worth a shot, good luck.

P.S. The Ferengi in me is wondering if I can get my 75 merits back,
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I would prefer a proper fix as I don't want to be in the same situation further down the road.