Lt. Commander
# 31
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
If Cryptic refuses to do something about this, I'll go for a macro.
I have my G15 set up to...

Fire my weapons for me.
Spam equalize shields.
Control my throttle.
Turn my ship.

All of this automated. I enter a defend what ever sector block. Turn on my macros and go take a nap or make a sand which. I never die and all i have to do sometimes is click the collect loot button or maybe move to the next group of enemies.

I have never even dreamed of let alone see a game more shallow and easy in my life. I have been gaming since pong on ATARI. I really hope that the industry gets back to making games that take skill to play and stop catering to the instant gratification crowd that has ruined games.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post

Fire my weapons for me.
Spam equalize shields.
Control my throttle.
Turn my ship.

All of this automated. I enter a defend what ever sector block. Turn on my macros and go take a nap or make a sand which. I never die and all i have to do sometimes is click the collect loot button or maybe move to the next group of enemies.

I have never even dreamed of let alone see a game more shallow and easy in my life. I have been gaming since pong on ATARI. I really hope that the industry gets back to making games that take skill to play and stop catering to the instant gratification crowd that has ruined games.
I agree completely.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
TC: Over the course of the development, did the space combat tend to pull one way or the other towards being more actiony, or more staid and strategic?

CZ: We probably wanted it staid and strategic. A little bit more positional. A little bit more like the shows. But when you say that out loud, people are like, "Well, that just sounds boring". So you want to make sure it's very engaging, so that while it's strategic and positional, you are constantly making decisions.

That's why they wont' add auto fire. It makes combat less "ENGAGING".

http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/02/s...ducer_warn.php
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Well I'm left handed. My pinky gets a real work out.

Sometimes I will notice a lull in my firing. And I will tap the space bar with my pinky and then I'll start shooting again. I'm not sure why this is....but whenever I see a lull in my firing I'll start tapping. Sometimes it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post

Fire my weapons for me.
Spam equalize shields.
Control my throttle.
Turn my ship.

Well I've been thinking of getting the G15 myself, but you realize your use of macros is against the rules. You can use macros but you must be present at your computer, not napping or snacking.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Ensign Tormori approves of the agreemeant of this post.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypuppet
Well I've been thinking of getting the G15 myself, but you realize your use of macros is against the rules. You can use macros but you must be present at your computer, not napping or snacking.
Ignore him, it's the classic straw man argument.

games that have auto fire of basic attacks.
WoW
LotRO
EVE
AlmostEveryMMOevermade

What SHOULD be automated.
Specified energy weapons, such as beams cannons and turrets.

What SHOULD NOT be automated.
Torpedoes of any kind
Special attacks of any kind
Bridge Officer abilities
Class and Level abilities
Movement
Shield Re-enforcement
Throttle control
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-12-2010, 06:41 PM
as trolly as the OP's post is, he's 100% correct

"Mister Worf!.. Fire!.. Fire again!! and again!!! and again!!!! and again!!!!!!"

FTL
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakfoxx
I agree.

I thought we were supposed to be "Captains" I don't remember Picard or Kirk or even janeway mashing the tactical console, there should be people in my command under me to do that when I give the word.
Go play Bridge Commander. See how bored you get watching you computer fight for you.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerspack33 View Post
Go play Bridge Commander. See how bored you get watching you computer fight for you.
Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man