Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hey there, everybody!

I wanted to drop in with a note to anyone trying to activate their retail key, and getting this error message. This is a result of an intermittant technical issue on our side. If you enter your retail key and receive this error, please be aware that your keys are still perfectly valid.

If you receive this error please keep trying as once again, your keys are still valid. If you have repeated problems getting your retail key to work you can contact our customer service department, but please do so only after you've given it at least a few tries on your own first.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks! How about an update on how much comp time we're getting for these problems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 11:38 AM
How about an update for when we will get Joined Trill for KDF?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Dude that works for Cryptic, we gonna get compensated in any way for not being able to log on cause of stuff out of our control?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 11:48 AM
How about extending the grace period for pre-orders to stop annoying EVERYONE?
Lt. Commander
I have e-mailed the support team at STO more than 6 times to report problems with registering my product key. I keep getting this error:

"This product key did not match our records."

I pre-ordered STO: Special Edition and played during the Open Beta and Head Start. Once the grace period expired on Feb 6th, I am unable to play. I continue to try entering the product key, but the same error occurs. I have e-mailed the customer support team my product key # and asked them to activate my product. All I have received are automated responses from STO - and they have the audacity to say in their responses that the situation has been resolved! Is this is the kind of customer service we should expect from Cryptic?

I never had an opportunity to enter my credit card information, so they cannot bill me in the future. When is Cryptic going to get their act together? We are paying customers! I understand minor problems, but thousands of users unable to enter a product key (or related issue)? This situation is intolerable.

Cryptic: you had better be reading these complaints. You are going to lose your customer base if you do not resolve these issues immediately. Very soon I am going to give up on STO and start playing Eve Online.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=111220
Lt. Commander
# 7 Cant log in
02-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Hey there, everybody!

I wanted to drop in with a note to anyone trying to activate their retail key, and getting this error message. This is a result of an intermittant technical issue on our side. If you enter your retail key and receive this error, please be aware that your keys are still perfectly valid.

If you receive this error please keep trying as once again, your keys are still valid. If you have repeated problems getting your retail key to work you can contact our customer service department, but please do so only after you've given it at least a few tries on your own first.

i have bin on the game when i did the beta an head start but i put my key in an i cant log in no more i waz on the game yesterday for 2 hrs an it kickd me off...

game SN -42725-28001-
i have not got my U.S.S. Enterprize on my 500 skill ponits .. an i only can play the game for like 2 to 4hrs when i have the time but i pay for a game i cant play...
my key is active but i still cant log in.. Error " You are not alowed to log in to this server at this time"
well frist what other servers r there an what the help... it says i did everything right but cant log in my other STO accts work but not this one...

so dam whats the deal
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 12:56 PM
And why are you not answering the open tickets that people have? Is that a technical problem too? Do I have to go into Paypal and order a refund?

Your "Customer Service" is starting to annoy me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the 411 TallBear, and don't take this the wrong way, but I don't have the time or interest in pursuing Devs or GMs. When you pay for a service it is not your responsability to hound the people who took your money in order to get support. Mad props if you did and even more props if it worked for you. You have more patience and persistence than I could ever have. I, however, prefer to hit them back where it hurts. If they ran out of cash and they don't have enough people to respond to tickets within 24 hours, it really is none of my business. Either they fix the issues I have within a 24 hour period (or give me an answer to my questions I can live with), or I get my money back. And if everyone did the same no one would have these problems.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
If you purchased digitally, you should have received your product key via email. If you didn't get one, please contact the digital vendor that you purchased the key from for assistance

Hey all. yeah haha good luck with this.. Have tryed all day, this will definately be my last time trying to get into a game I just payd 55.00 for..
Closed Thread