Lt. Commander
must come to an end...

Because of a lot off issues with STO I've decided to pull the plug, ie cancel my subscription as of today.
After almost 3 hours of trying to get pass the account server, who keeps timing out, at PRIME EU time, this game bites the dust, for me, for now!

Not to mention the numerous bugs, disconnects, lagging, unresponsive GMs and a huge list of open tickets or those that just get a canned c/p response, I'm over and done with. I've been in CBs, OBs, Launches and this one is definately the worst ever.

With only 3 weeks to go, before cryptic could have gotten some money from me, I dont see anything getting fixed. The client ocasionaly downloads something and then other stuff breaks in game instead of getting fixed. Not to mention there are no release notes posted whatsoever.

I dont know if others have cancelled too, but that's often the only way a signal can be given! So Cryptic and Atari: head this warning signal. It's about time you guys get your act together and work 24/7 to get this show on the road. Otherwise I'll be definately looking forward to TOR and go back to my other MMOs until then.

Note: fanbois skip the reactions - not waiting for your input. I've been there, done that (in other games).
No need to give me the crap it's launch and BS like that (see comment in earlier paragraph). I stand by my statement.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Well...bye.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Its an mmo that just launched, and you are going to waste your month of free time? People have 0 patience.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinZun View Post
I've been in CBs, OBs, Launches and this one is definately the worst ever.
The problem here, is that this is just untrue. Yes its annoying to me also, sitting in a queue, getting in, trying to zone, disconnecting, going back into the queue. Makes me angry. But ive seen far worse launches in the 12 years ive been playing mmos.
Lt. Commander
# 5
As I said, fainboi, skip it.

Also read more... I've been trying to login alreayd for over 3 hours without succes.

So how does that even count as 'wasting my month of free time'

I stil have acces - IF I COULD get in at all...
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
must come to an end...

Because of a lot off issues with STO I've decided to pull the plug, ie cancel my subscription as of today.
After almost 3 hours of trying to get pass the account server, who keeps timing out, at PRIME EU time, this game bites the dust, for me, for now!

Not to mention the numerous bugs, disconnects, lagging, unresponsive GMs and a huge list of open tickets or those that just get a canned c/p response, I'm over and done with. I've been in CBs, OBs, Launches and this one is definately the worst ever.

With only 3 weeks to go, before cryptic could have gotten some money from me, I dont see anything getting fixed. The client ocasionaly downloads something and then other stuff breaks in game instead of getting fixed. Not to mention there are no release notes posted whatsoever.

I dont know if others have cancelled too, but that's often the only way a signal can be given! So Cryptic and Atari: head this warning signal. It's about time you guys get your act together and work 24/7 to get this show on the road. Otherwise I'll be definately looking forward to TOR and go back to my other MMOs until then.

Note: fanbois skip the reactions - not waiting for your input. I've been there, done that (in other games).
No need to give me the crap it's launch and BS like that (see comment in earlier paragraph). I stand by my statement.
If you didn't want people to react then you wouldn't have posted yet another drama queen "ragequit" thread.
Lt. Commander
# 7
You didn't look at the release notes page and scroll down I take it by your no notes comment. Easy mistake how the site is set up with the huge top banner. You click and could think you're still on the main page.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfugue
The problem here, is that this is just untrue. Yes its annoying to me also, sitting in a queue, getting in, trying to zone, disconnecting, going back into the queue. Makes me angry. But ive seen far worse launches in the 12 years ive been playing mmos.
Personal experience cannot be untrue. Your experiences differ from mine. That's possible. But this is the worst for me ever. Do not call me a liar!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
must come to an end...

Hate to see ya leave, hope you come back at a later date when those issues are fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
You didn't look at the release notes page and scroll down I take it by your no notes comment. Easy mistake how the site is set up with the huge top banner. You click and could think you're still on the main page.
Ehm wrong... I read those notes. However only 2-3 release notes to find - when the client has downloaded stuff about, *checks notes* about 10 times... including today even.
Closed Thread