Lt. Commander
# 31
02-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I just put an -A at the end of both my ship name and designation. That seems to be the naming convention used in the shows anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarimark View Post
I am using "Rimor" which is latin for Explorer as my ship name and what I've done is rename my old ship with an Rimor-A, Rimor-B etc. and then rename my new Ship with my Rimor.
Carefull, us brits might confuse you for this guy
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Carefull, us brits might confuse you for this guy
SMEG!!! lolololol
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Really I do not understand why the USS Name-X is such a big deal to everyone, when as we all quite know, there are the USS Profanity out there. I am trying to stay awa from the flame war that is canon, but shouldn't the canonist be more worried about that stuff, than the -X on the name? Een aside from canon, why do I have to look at the USS Pantystain?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Don't you just love it when people try to tell you how to play a game you paid for?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
You people do realize that the ship you give to your name is the official name registered on the hull? The -X suffixed do NOT go on the ship name, but on the ship registry number. So it's "U.S.S Whatever, NCC-YYYYYY-X".

Take a close look at the hull of the Enterprise-D and see if it's written USS Enterprise-D.
I didn't know. Thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBranagh
I thought names wernt unique at all, maybe they are within a player's career. I know I'm not the only one out there with Trafalgar so you defo can with other players.

But yes, seriously, nothing goes on the ships name, just the registry number.
You know what is really frakking stupid about this game though? That any other player can copy my ship name to the letter, but I cannot do the same damned thing. That is a completely stupid design decision...
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBranagh
I thought names wernt unique at all, maybe they are within a player's career. I know I'm not the only one out there with Trafalgar so you defo can with other players.

But yes, seriously, nothing goes on the ships name, just the registry number.
Unless they want it that way. seriously, let people name their ships the way they want to.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-09-2010, 02:49 PM
People are also putting Fleet Tags in their names to help ID in PvP matches.

OP might be seeing this, also. If Cryptic allowed a way to display Fleets easilly, you probably would not see the tags added to names.

But than again, if Cryptic would fix the pile of crap Fleet UI, alot of things would be better.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
SMEG!!! lolololol
That's what Star Trek Online needs....

RIMMER WORLD!!!!!!
Closed Thread