Lt. Commander
# 71
02-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I tried to change my ship name, but the boxes are grayed out. Does that mean you can only do it once? Oh, well. My ship has to stay U.S.S. Superior B for a little while longer. I'll keep it in mind when I get to my next tier ship.

I seriously had no idea. I mean, I never caught that, but remember hearing Picard's Enterprise referred to often as Enterprise D over and over, so at least I can blame the show!

Edited to add: Nevermind. It'll let me change it, but they want my arm, my leg, and my firstborn as payment.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seseron
I tried to change my ship name, but the boxes are grayed out. Does that mean you can only do it once? Oh, well. My ship has to stay U.S.S. Superior B for a little while longer. I'll keep it in mind when I get to my next tier ship.

I seriously had no idea. I mean, I never caught that, but remember hearing Picard's Enterprise referred to often as Enterprise D over and over, so at least I can blame the show!
Hmm, not at all, you can rename your ship as many times as you want (granted you have enough currency that is )

Report it in tech support, this sounds like a bug
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemark View Post
I cannot believe what Im reading here, its entertainment ffs, its not real, or if you prefer, it aint happened yet.

I have watched the trek from the First Mission of Captain Pike, enjoyed every episode of TOS, Next Gen, DS9, Voyager and yes even enjoyed Enterprise (which a bunch of Trekkers had a hand in getting canned) If it bugs you guys that much, write a new plot behind why the Naming conventions got duffed up, maybe a dyslexic shipyard worker painted them up wrong, you manage to live with the story behind Klingon foreheads changing, or maybe you havent noticed that all through Trek Time, many things have got kerfuddled up.

Just enjoy it to the best of your ability, and let others do the same.
Agreed and a big thumbs up!
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Hmm, not at all, you can rename your ship as many times as you want (granted you have enough currency that is )

Report it in tech support, this sounds like a bug
They charge merits instead of credits. I didn't have enough merits, but I did have the credits to spare, so I discharged the old ship and bought a new ship. Added all my good gear from the old to the new. Now it's correct:

U.S.S. Superior
NCC-93299-B

I seem to need the merits more so than the credits anyway. I just promoted my boffs and had to retrain a couple of them, and that requires merits.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seseron
They charge merits instead of credits. I didn't have enough merits, but I did have the credits to spare, so I discharged the old ship and bought a new ship. Added all my good gear from the old to the new. Now it's correct:

U.S.S. Superior
NCC-93299-B

I seem to need the merits more so than the credits anyway. I just promoted my boffs and had to retrain a couple of them, and that requires merits.
Don't worry about it, you only need merits on the first levels or so, as you promote your officers. Once you hit commander you start to get plenty of merits to spare. Currently i have almost 16k merits :p
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Well I must say this one is rather funny. I'm one of those guys that's going around with the -A -B at the end of the ship name. Yes I know that it should be on the registry name but quite ironically the game does not allow my ship name to be the same as my previous. Yes I know I could change the last ships name but that would not be RIGHT either.

So I will continue to add a letter to both the name and registry until the game allows me to have my ship stay the same name. Oh and you want to be canon. Only a select few Captains ever got to take command of a ship by the same name when the were promoted. To be truly canon you should keep the random name that the system gives you.

Oh by the way if you check you will find time that even STAR TREK was not keeping it's own canon.

So I say let the players do what they want.
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm keeping the same name for all my ships. The only way to do this is to first rename my outgoing ship with a -B orwhatever letter I am up to, and then change the name of the new ship, adding the next letter in the sequence to the end of my registry. Thus, my current ship is the USS Karankawa, NCC-94111-C.
Lt. Commander
# 78
02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I kinda did that -a/b/c after mine just because the fanboy in me thought it was cool. Since changed the name on my starter ship and removed the letter designation after the name. I do like making names for my ships and it doesn't hurt to be a little creative with the names, unless you have a RP reason for doing it. I do have it for one of my captains but the others I've changed the names of the previous ships before moving to the next ship upgrade.
Lt. Commander
# 79
02-09-2010, 09:13 PM
See I have no problem with the letters after the name, as that can be something reffered to in the shows a few times.

Just having a number at the end looks odd, makes it look more like an internet username like Trafalgar88 or something, rather than Trafalgar-A and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 80
02-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
You people do realize that the ship you give to your name is the official name registered on the hull? The -X suffixed do NOT go on the ship name, but on the ship registry number. So it's "U.S.S Whatever, NCC-YYYYYY-X".

Take a close look at the hull of the Enterprise-D and see if it's written USS Enterprise-D.
Bla bla FANBOI RAGE!!!!!!!!

Get over yourself and clean the little smears off the keyboard that have been accumulating since you found out Star Trek was becoming an MMO.
Closed Thread