Career Officer
I have an odd issue (and I mentioned this in another thread)...

My late 2013 27-inch iMac runs through an audio interface (I do audio editing on this machine). When I play STO, the sound only comes out of one speaker. The interface doesn't even register a dual stereo channel... in other words, the meter on the interface only shows a left channel, not left and right.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Ensign
# 2
05-11-2014, 11:57 PM
I have the same issue. Sound only out of the left speaker. I am using the M-Audio Firewire 410 for sound. I have no issues with any other game.
Ensign
# 3
05-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Same here using a Speedlink 7.1 USB Headset. No problems on OS X Desktop or Windows via Bootcamp. Must be a Client problem. Hope someone will notice and fix it. Itīs just impossible to use Teamspeak or Skype with game sound turned on cause itīs just on the left side.
Career Officer
# 4
05-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Oh, good... I'm not crazy.

Since I am not the only one, I submitted a ticket to the devs... we'll see if that gets us anywhere. I fear that the Mac client team is made up of one guy, LOL... and is only part-time... and barely uses a Mac.
Career Officer
# 5
05-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Okay, I contacted support, and they had me try something... and it didn't work.

So, I had to submit a bug report. We'll see if they fix it!
Ensign
# 6
05-29-2014, 05:48 AM
Any news on that subject? I havenīt tried the Mac Client recently.
Career Officer
# 7
06-26-2014, 02:06 PM
*blows dust off this thread*

Sadly, no updates on this. Tech Support had me try something, but it didn't work, so I didn't even both with posting it. :-/

I've been hoping it would magically fix itself in a patch release, but... no.
Career Officer
# 8
06-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Oh, and one more thing...

If Mac users continue to notice this problem, then submit a bug report in-game. That is ultimately what I did.

I have a feeling that our Mac user base is small, in the first place, and I fear that the devs have a "Mac guy" that only works weekends... in months that end in "y." So many still think it's 1999, and the Mac isn't worth developing for, game-wise. Frustrating!

Still, if enough of us bring this up... hope springs eternal!