Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
Is there a way? Ideally I'd like them only off my ship, but still visible on the enemy ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Currently we are stuck with them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 03:33 PM
I'd really like to be able to ditch the shield circles... unnecessary (in my opinion) and distracting from the game's awesome art

Also like to disable the boxes and names around friendly ships in space
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I searched all the settings myself trying to turn them off.

Totally unnecessary as we have two other readouts on shield strength on the HUD.

Cryptic, if you are listening, please make the graphic shield representations an option.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 04:25 PM
RE: the shield circles. there was a post somewhere on the forum about the circles from a DEV and it mentioned they couldnt remove them for some reason, it was all too technical for me to understand. All i know is that another poster shot him down, i dont know if that thread exists anymore since the forum clean up cos this was during open beta. (I'll have another look and post the link if i find it)

I agree i'd like to see the circles gone or even a way to make them translucent or something. U never know, we're only in the 1st month of launch and they did bring in shield graphics during Closed beta after much fan input so hopefully they can do the same to make the UI and Hud more user friendly and pleasing to the eye