Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusBarak
I love the carrier trick ive seen lately to burry themeselves into a rock so there nearly impossible to shoot at.
Ok first of all Markus Barak is talking about me and few friends.. we are using the top of crack planet to sit on TOP of and not in it, if you park in right spot you have 2 sides covered ONLY .. bottom and left side..

This is called using tactics.. we are a premade team on vent and he is QQ because he is getting BLASTED and nothing more..

oh my ram doesnt work anymore , its because ive got shield drones and mines around me, HELLO your ramming mines ...

How about you look in your option window under TARGETING and look really close .. thats all im going to say on that ..

doesnt feel to good to go against the Klingon ball does it ?! now you know how we felt for 40 lvl's against the fed mine ball.. and now we can target sub system and feds are QQ about that..

how about you try scramble ? ... little trick we use to do with fed mine ball.. scramble the mines , do the same to carrier pets.. now ive just told you how to defeat all my pets..

When you talk crap in forums and zone chat you make your self look bad.. its a game man have fun..

AssimUlated"Smurf
SpaceSmurf-BoK-
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwiccan View Post
Ok first of all Markus Barak is talking about me and few friends.. we are using the top of crack planet to sit on TOP of and not in it, if you park in right spot you have 2 sides covered ONLY .. bottom and left side..

This is called using tactics.. we are a premade team on vent and he is QQ because he is getting BLASTED and nothing more..

oh my ram doesnt work anymore , its because ive got shield drones and mines around me, HELLO your ramming mines ...

How about you look in your option window under TARGETING and look really close .. thats all im going to say on that ..

doesnt feel to good to go against the Klingon ball does it ?! now you know how we felt for 40 lvl's against the fed mine ball.. and now we can target sub system and feds are QQ about that..

how about you try scramble ? ... little trick we use to do with fed mine ball.. scramble the mines , do the same to carrier pets.. now ive just told you how to defeat all my pets..

When you talk crap in forums and zone chat you make your self look bad.. its a game man have fun..

AssimUlated"Smurf
SpaceSmurf-BoK-
the difference between a fedball burying itself in mines and a klinkball burying itself in ships is that one is legit and the other is abusing a game bug (which is a bannable offense).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
the difference between a fedball burying itself in mines and a klinkball burying itself in ships is that one is legit and the other is abusing a game bug (which is a bannable offense).
I'd be interested to see just how useful the carrier drones are without the exploit. The thing that worries me is people like Judge Bloodgood who cry nerf when ever anything screws up their macros.

From the sounds of it they need to beef up the actual drones when they fix this exploit, it would be nice to be able to give them commands at the very least if they don't get more usefulness in other areas.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I dont think that the ship with fighters is a real problem .. I think summoning battle cruisers to its aid is a bit much .. the birds of prey ok i can deal with that .. The problem is that you get 3 of them together and they will tear you up fast.

The other issue I had with these carriers is that their pets dont despawn when they die or the few ive fought and seen die had their pets stick around after.

Oh yeah Seriously players that use them and park 3 of them on the spawn for feds in space is just rude for real.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Overkill
I dont think that the ship with fighters is a real problem .. I think summoning battle cruisers to its aid is a bit much .. the birds of prey ok i can deal with that .. The problem is that you get 3 of them together and they will tear you up fast.

The other issue I had with these carriers is that their pets dont despawn when they die or the few ive fought and seen die had their pets stick around after.

Oh yeah Seriously players that use them and park 3 of them on the spawn for feds in space is just rude for real.
Um....That is "Photonic Fleet," a Science captain skill. Carriers themselves can't summon anything past the fighters, siphons, shield reps, and BoPs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Don't you dare touch my exploit! Wall of text!

Ok, everyone remembers how mean I was to the fed guys when they were exploiting MES and defending it as 'nothing's wrong with MES!!11"

Well, let me tell you mister "me spawning a million pets is not a bug.'

You are going to shoot yourself in the ass defending exploiting a bug. When the baleful gaze of developer nerf hits you for your effectiveness USING the bug, and fixes the bug, you'll be doublescrewed.

But, that doesn't matter to guys like you, I suppose. You're probably also one of the guys trying to bury your ship in a rock to be untargettable. Is that working as intended too?

Anything that is spawned or buffed using an equippable needs to unspawn when that equippable is removed. Same goes for boff buffs.
Now now, don't go assuming how I play, I have yet to try to assume how you pilot yours. I think hiding between the station and some outer areas to avoid being shot during Capture & Hold is garbage so... Now onto the discussion about the carrier eh?

I honestly don't see how it's a bug, if they say that the carrier is only meant to summon garbage shield regen bots that warp core breach on you, slow/non-cloakable bop, low health power syphon, or herds of fighters that think "Hey guys, I'll go ahead and open with torpedoes, then not actually shoot any once the shields are down".

If anything, not having the ability to have decent control over the summons, only able to summon 1 type per side while in combat and still maintaining 4 turn rate as our only "true" science ship (If you want CC, you probably shouldn't have put it on a boat that is like watching a yak do ballet). Don't get me wrong, the subsystem targeting is nice to finally get on SOMETHING that's Klingon.

If they deem that you should only be able to summon 1 type per side, then they seriously need to make each summon type ALOT hardier, not wtfwarp core breach on you if you fart too loudly, and give you the ability to actually control the drones (well, moreso then "hey guys, why not open up with a 30 second cooldown [estimating this one here, but it feels like it] torpedo run?!")
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhamatos View Post
Your an idiot.
If you're going to insult someones intelligence, could you at least spell properly?

It's YOU'RE, as in: you are an idiot.

Not YOUR, as in: your intelligence is lacking.

"your" is possessive, "you're" is plural for "you are"

idiot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwiccan View Post
How about you look in your option window under TARGETING and look really close .. thats all im going to say on that ..
There is no "TARGETING" in my Option Window. Would you mind tell us exactly what setting you are talking about?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalecgos View Post
There is no "TARGETING" in my Option Window. Would you mind tell us exactly what setting you are talking about?
There is a setting in the options that allow you to never target "objects". That's how a lot of people avoid tab targeting mines, etc (apparantly, I don't use the option because I'm assuming that will block my ability to quickly target an incoming boarding party/heavy plasma torp)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
Sweet baby jesus, a fed player that says leave things as is. This must be what rupture feels like.
There are more of us than most forum-goers realise. Probably because we're busier playing the game, so we know that some things don't need to be changed.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 AM.