Community Manager
# 1 Livestream Q & A from Forum Fans!
05-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Hailing all Captains!

This Friday we will continue our new effort to bring some Q & A to our Livestream Broadcasts! Check it out on our TwitchTV Channel here!

This thread shall remain stickied at the top of the General Discussion sub-forum to allow for forum users to submit questions to be answered by STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk during his next Livestream show.

Submit your questions here by EoD Thursday, June 26th, for a chance to have your question answered.

The team will pick which questions Friday morning, that will be answered during the show. We will post the Q & A list here in the main OP, and every week we will update the list to add the latest responses. We will also DELETE all questions from the previous week once the chosen few have been picked and replied to. We want to keep this from becoming a endless scroll of replies, so the deletion of questions will only be to keep the thread short and sweet, as well as current.

NOTE: All answers will be subject to change. Sorry, but I have to expressly include that.

Tune in to hear your answer, or watch for the Livestream Recap after the show to link you to the recorded version if you can't make it!

Remember forum folks, we can only answer legitimate questions that won't leak anything about new content that is currently REDACTED, or anything that isn't related to our current or former gameplay. Questions about other employees interviews, or information that has since changed will most likely not get into the list.

Thanks for your participation everyone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week's Question & Answers:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can view the previous archived Q & A here.

Thanks again everyone!

~CaptainSmirk
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.

Last edited by pwecaptainsmirk; 06-25-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Community Manager
The Q & A Forum is now reopened for this week's show coming at you live Friday the 27th at 2:30 PM PDT!

Read the Full Blog here.

Time for questions from our faithful fans, so submit yours here. This week we will focus on Foundry related questions to go along with our Foundry Livestream theme, so staying on topic will increase your chances to get some answers in our broadcast.

Just as a reminder, we will be shutting down this thread by EoD Thursday 6/26, so get those questions in now before it's time to warp this thread out.

Thanks again players, and we will see you Friday!

~CaptainSmirk
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
Career Officer
# 3
06-25-2014, 03:34 PM
The new TR-116B rifle - will it have a new model? Do you plan on getting one, Smirk?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4 In Progress Accolade Removal
06-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Captain Smirk,

While this is not about the Foundry, could you please pass this along to the Dev team?

With the removal of the Exploration missions (and associated accolades), can we get a way to remove "In progress" accolades that can no longer be obtained?

For example, having started the exploration missions in the star clusters but not finishing them. Once removed, the in progress accolade will be there forever.

Speaking of a forever accolade in progress, a Fleetmate has the "In progress" accolade from the Year 1 celebration of having Q transform him into different creatures 5 times. He didn't know it was an accolade back then and it is no longer being offered. It annoys him to which he gripes to me about it.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Rihannsu
# 5
06-25-2014, 03:52 PM
More KDF content?

Coke or Pepsi?
Support the Jupiter and Typhoon. Supporters: 147 (more or less) Jupiter Concept
Quote:
CRYPTIC SUCKS SO BAD THAT EVERYTHING THEY DO IS ONE, BIG, EPIC,
FAIL!!!!
This is not valid feedback.....

Last edited by stomperx99; 06-25-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-25-2014, 04:22 PM
With Memory Alpha's removal, many foundry authors are forced to move their mission starting doors to sector space. Is this removal permanent or will the place get an updated ground map eventually?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 7
06-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Playable BOFFs? Are we ever gonna be able to 'play' as our bridge officers instead of our captain all the time? Even if it's only in social zones.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Republic Veteran
# 8
06-25-2014, 04:46 PM
1) Is there any plans to have another Foundry Mission Bonus Mark Weekend or have "Mark Packages" a standard part of content specific and/or content related and/or content approved Foundry Mission Rewards?

Having Borg Related foundry missions give bonus Omega Mark Packages, for instance, is a great way to get players to do Foundry Missions as opposed to just "grinding' Infected Conduit 200 times.

The last one was great, but I don't think a lot of players even knew about it, plus many of the "Descriptions" for Foundry Missions, didn't specify 1, 2 or 5 players, what difficulty or skill level it was designed for, or whether they took 10 mins or 10 hours to run. If both of these "Information" issues could be addressed, I think it would work much better.

2) Are there any plans to have a "News Popup" like the one in Nevewinter when you first log in with a character, that spotlights Foundry Missions and spotlights Bonuses and/or Events?
Please ... Make it so ...!
Commander
# 9
06-25-2014, 04:52 PM
When will the kit modules get their own search category on the exchange?
Career Officer
# 10
06-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Since you're under NDA, that rules out most of the questions I have.

BUT I would ask the following:
If allowed, which ONE map within STO would the Devs like to re-do?

Last year, we might have heard "ESD interior!" I'm curious (without breaking any NDAs) if you can ask the Devs, then share with us.

It also gives us a sense what they'd love to work on, if given a chance, and/or have played themselves and want to see changed.
Closed Thread