Lt. Commander
during the last few days I noticed that when I enter a mission or fleet battle, I don't get automatically joined to a team. I checked my settings and I have it turned on. This leads me to the assumption that others are turning theirs off. I'm curious to hear why. Anyone care to voice their opinion about auto-teaming and why you don't like it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Ummm I don't mind it. Actually met a cool dude that way. It does get rather annoying when your relying on others in a fleet battle then they up and leave the system in the middle of the fight... Could be doing other fleet actions with friends.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I usually don't use it because I like to take my time, read text, explore and whatnot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Auto team was a great idea but poor implementation with the way the system works. Since the mobs get stronger as the team gets larger, it essential becomes more difficult to beat the missions, especially with a pug. If even 1 person is afking or not paying attention the rest of the team suffers.

Who would want that? Solo everything or premade only.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I've used the auto team function for about 10 missions now. I've since turned it off completely. Every time I've used it there's usually one afk guy, two people who full impulse into the center of the enemies and die instantly, and me and one other guy facepalming while desperately trying to fight an encounter meant for 5 people as a two man squad.

It's just much easier to solo the missions or play with friends.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
I use it, but it seems I don't get put into teams that often. I'm not sure if it's the hours I play or just that I'm doing a missino no one else is doing or what.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I like it. I wish it was on for all fleet action and signal contact too. mainly because without it nobody seems to group at all.

Typical signal contact. Me and 1 or two other people in zone. I invite them. They donít accept .. i guess they prefer single player games. I look around and see 4 groups of ships with numbers like (8) , (5) and (2).. i figure heck i will get killed by 8 and probly 5 i will take on the 2.

I get to them I get within 10km and i open fire.. TADA surprise there are not 2 there are 6 more. .. cloaked i guess. They ALL focus fire me because thats the way the game works (even if one of the other players is next to me) and bam i blow up. Not to worry i can respawn.. I respawn..... in the middle of the same ships and am blown up again .

It seems to all be chance. Sometimes i get a group of 2 that really is 2. Other times it turns into 8 and i die.

Then again, even if you do group it does not seem that groups work together.

Example: yesterday people autogrouped in a mission where you have to the scan the 5 satellites and then kill ships at each one.. you know the mission. No not that one where you scan the satellites.. nope not that one either.. nah the one. The one that has klingons .. no not that one with the satellites and klingons the other one. (a bit more variety wouldnít hurt but thatís a side point)

Anyway 4 of us go at full impulse to the ships we get in range all of the ships focus fire me .. i guess be cause i was the first one there. One of my teammates attacks the same ship as me. in other rmmos thatís a good plan in this one we need to split the agro .. but he doesnít seem to get that so ALL ships continue to attack me. Not to worry i have other members who will no double pull some off me. Nope, member 2 takes off at full impulse to the next group of ships (and dies alone when they focus fire him) and the last member is busy scanning an anomaly.

On the whole I would rather die with group members then die alone so im pro autogroup
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansapien
I usually don't use it because I like to take my time, read text, explore and whatnot.
agreed. I don't like feeling rushed. I turn it off
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 06:45 PM
A lot of folks don't like to enjoy content. They wanna hurry up and get to max lvl. These types don't even bother to read the sotry.....the 'content', the just wanna berzerker tru the game as fast as they can and complain.

I have found that I am quite enjoying the content, some good wrighter they have working on the game. The only trouble is you have to actually take the time to read.

Allso, if you are low lvl, and happen to go to an instance with high lvl players...guess what, you are just along for the ride as you will not be much help at all. I found this out with a couple fleet members the other day, they invited me to group and of course I said sure, but then i was useless in combat as they are a good 10 lvls over me. I ended up trying to not get alpha struck by the npcs, but that was it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 06:47 PM
If you want to group with me send me a tell and introduce yourself, then send me an invite. I decline blind invites as a matter of policy and have my auto-team turned off.

In addition, as has been pointed out above, most MMO players want to rush through things and I don't care for that kind of gameplay.