Lt. Commander
the worst part is that in the time i went from looking at my inbox, to making this post, my messages went from 9 unread 10 total, to 19 unread 20 total. That was in a span of about 2 minutes. Ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Forum and game mail are linked. I get Exchange spam in my forum box too... until I ignored the exchange bahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I am sick and tired of seeing spam for sto gold, I report it as spam as much as possible that is as much you can do for a brand new mmo...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 05:14 PM
While this is not a "nice" thing to do. I have decided to keep all of my spam emails. Why? because it is taking up space, not much mind you as it is just me, so far. I figure when the game devs/mods really want to do something about this issue then they will miraculously disappear. If we just keep deleting them then there is no reason to do anything BUT if we start hogging massive amounts of server disk space.............just maybe.....it will get the attention it deserves.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortius View Post
While this is not a "nice" thing to do. I have decided to keep all of my spam emails. Why? because it is taking up space, not much mind you as it is just me, so far. I figure when the game devs/mods really want to do something about this issue then they will miraculously disappear. If we just keep deleting them then there is no reason to do anything BUT if we start hogging massive amounts of server disk space.............just maybe.....it will get the attention it deserves.

you can get a terrabyte drive for like 200$ now... you really think you're going to break their capacity? lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
the thing i dont get is they send everyone their website, and last time i checked its illegal to profit off of other peoples intellectual property without their consent. It seems to me it would pretty easy to inform whatever isp or company that hosts those sites of the fact their monthly hosting fee isn't worth getting sued, and the site would be shut down.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 03:43 AM
you just need to change CP user and adjust your PM to block unwanted.