Lt. Commander
im canceing my STO subscription becuase
1) its a single player game (teams of 4 people are not a full mmo experience)
2) you have butchered the IP (trills imune to toxins?!?! federation officers running around with guns in a federation starbase!?!? stealing from a monestry ?!?! no stuning or locking up all kill kill kill kill!!! )
3) every mission is the same fly here kill that click this hunt that
4) its not worth the money
5) you have done nothing to stop gold farmers invading our chat and mail
6) no reason to work with others
7) crafting system is a shop not a crafting system
8) wheres the ability to explore and name planets as promised in prevouse interviews
9) severly dumbed down gameplay, wheres the advanced features
10) useless bridge that serves no functionality
11) disrupters able to be fitted to fed ships and phasers to klingon ships (see butchering IP)
12) name filter not working (if i see one more kirk or picard flying the uss lolipop ill scream)
13) server taken down peak time on a sunday (GMT)
14) no wildlife on the planets unless its needed to be shot at or scanned
15) no ability to beam down to planets to explore
16) no engineering screen or science screen etc
17) no imersion (instead of load screens have a view of the bridge with an animation in the view screen of warp or see the crew beam out and beam in)
18) server unable to handle all us mugs that brought the game (doubt that will be a problem a few months down the line)
19)no depth, all seemed to be aimed at casual gamers not real gamers.

the serise: to explorer new worlds, meet new civilisations, to boldly go where no man has gone before

Cryptic: to shoot old civilisations, to click new flashing objects, to pay for substandard gaming, to adapt old game engines to new games

Sack your DEVS and hire new ones, get them to watch star trek and then let them make a real game.

dont flame me, i wont be able to reply.

oh the excuse its only the first month, doesnt fly (last month it was "its only beta" next month it will be "its only its first 6 months") if you disagree with my points say so but be constructive dont flame (and those that agree say so but again no nastyness )
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 06:04 PM
if i spend to much time on these boards I am bound to get drunk
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadoka
if i spend to much time on these boards I am bound to get drunk
-.- This could be an interesting study! Lets start early! *hands you a drink* lol

@OP

You flame the game (with some really poor points I might add) and then ask to not be flamed? ...

Yeah, I won't bother... I'm just curious as to where people brought the game... was there a party I missed?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 06:42 PM
::pulls out his flamethrower ::::

I'll be back =)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Sod the OP. Lets play pong.

Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreaper View Post
2) you have butchered the IP (trills imune to toxins?!?! federation officers running around with guns in a federation starbase!?!? stealing from a monestry ?!?! no stuning or locking up all kill kill kill kill!!! )
8) wheres the ability to explore and name planets as promised in prevouse interviews
11) disrupters able to be fitted to fed ships and phasers to klingon ships (see butchering IP)
12) name filter not working (if i see one more kirk or picard flying the uss lolipop ill scream)
17) no imersion (instead of load screens have a view of the bridge with an animation in the view screen of warp or see the crew beam out and beam in)
18) server unable to handle all us mugs that brought the game (doubt that will be a problem a few months down the line)

the serise: to explorer new worlds, meet new civilisations, to boldly go where no man has gone before

Cryptic: to shoot old civilisations, to click new flashing objects, to pay for substandard gaming, to adapt old game engines to new games

Sack your DEVS and hire new ones, get them to watch star trek and then let them make a real game.

oh the excuse its only the first month, doesnt fly (last month it was "its only beta" next month it will be "its only its first 6 months") if you disagree with my points say so but be constructive dont flame (and those that agree say so but again no nastyness )
QFT

Preach it!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamelas
QFT

Preach it!
Dude seriously. The game blew up your computer, do you want to risk the chance that the forums will too? I say leave the game and forums before you have to buy yet another video card.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Good bye
02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I find that a whole lot of these people complaining are the power gamers that rush to the end game as fast as possible. I have to laugh at those people for once and say that you screwed yourself. It was stated many times that the end game content is not there, its coming (which I whoelheartedly applaud, tired of MMO's coming out with no early game content and tons of end game content).

This game was never meant to be a power game, and having been part of most of the major MMO launches all the way back to eq, I find that so many people flaming STO have not been around long enough, or have not had enough experience with MMO launches.

STo launch is one of the smoothest launches I have seen to date. Even wow wasnt this good at launch. Far more bugs, Vastly inferior stability, etc.

I for one am glad to see the power gamers, and wow fanbois go away. I dont need or want there kind in this game anyways.

If done properly, STO can be an amazing game once it has been around long enough to make it through the launching phase (which usually takes 6 months to 1.5 years to complete).

When I do missions and stuff with my friends, I find that this game is the one game where I actually rioleplay and have an amazing time.

i tried RP in other MMO's, but I could never stick to it.

Now I go around saying Full power to shields! Target the lead BOP! that kind of thing.

i feel like I am actually playing episodes of ST, havent had so much fun in many years. WOW was NEVER as much fun as STO is (for me)!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreaper View Post

Some highly valid points which I agree on 100%, Unfortunatly I'm such a fan of the IP I'm keeping my hopes up for Cryptic to see the game is actually getting mass attention and turn it into a real MMO, not a log on now and then to kill w/e in a federation starship style of game it is at the moment.

Perhaps if they concentrated on the game rather then trying to beat damn cosplay world records, We'd already start seeing progress.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscar View Post
Perhaps if they concentrated on the game rather then trying to beat damn cosplay world records, We'd already start seeing progress.
I'd argue that building a community is an important part of establishing a base on which to improve an MMO.

If it wasn't Star Trek. For gods sake the community is already here.