Lt. Commander
# 21
02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadoka
if i spend to much time on these boards I am bound to get drunk
If I spend to much time on this drunk I'll get bored.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Take me drunk, I'm home again...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWulf
Take me drunk, I'm home again...
I giggled like a little girl at that one
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-09-2010, 10:45 PM
See with the weapon IP thing I kinda agree, I always felt that they could have just given federation players different levels of phasers with different buffs and debuffs to do what they do now and Disruptor's for the klingons.

There are a few things in the game at the moment that really do make me wanna go absolutely mental but what am I gonna do stop playing when I have a lifetime sub.

I'm just hoping that they are listening to the community otherwise it was a waste of purchase
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpunk View Post
See with the weapon IP thing I kinda agree, I always felt that they could have just given federation players different levels of phasers with different buffs and debuffs to do what they do now and Disruptor's for the klingons.

There are a few things in the game at the moment that really do make me wanna go absolutely mental but what am I gonna do stop playing when I have a lifetime sub.

I'm just hoping that they are listening to the community otherwise it was a waste of purchase
Exactly.. variety within the weapons themselves.. this could be a part of "crafting", but far more deep than what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Some of you are being way to hard on the OP. While I dont agree with everything he said there are a few good points to his post. Like the fact we just fly around blowing people up without even attempting to make peace with them. Even on DS9 when they were in all out war with the dominion they still had the federation principles and wouldn't just shot first and ask questions later.

The morality of the federation is what most people like about the IP because its a idealistic way of thinking that you just don't see much of it in real life. Shooting first without trying to find a peaceful resolution is not the federation way of doing things even at war they at least hail the enemy to try and avoid fighting.

To give you some idea of what im talking about, there was one mission I did where the point of the mission was to kill unarmed romulan scientist/doctors. Tell me where in any star trek series/movies did they kill people in such a heartless way?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-09-2010, 11:26 PM
The most annoying thing to me that could make me quit is doing the Sector defense missions and having three to four squadrons of npcs camping the zone in. Seriously. WTF.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-09-2010, 11:29 PM
In all honesty, this is a somewhat casual game, which is awesome in my opinion. As far as i know its a really hard thing to make an MMO cater to both casual gamers and hard core ones with no lives. (Sorry, I have no pity for people who call themselves a real gamer when all they do is play games, last I checked thats what Eve was for)

Also, what they have here is a good start, there are a lot of things that can be improved on, Cryptic knows this, thats why they are constantly working on it and adding new stuff. Hell, WoW is not the same game it is today as it was when it first opened, cut them some slack and let the Devs do their thing. If nothing has remotely changed in 6 months, then give Cryptic a hard time because then they're not doing their job.

I will admit there is a lot that needs to be worked on, but common guys, its a Star Trek MMO, it's already far better then any other Trek computer game out there. If you're a fan of the franchise (like me) then you're going to be a lot more patient with it, if you're an uber Trekkie and you're full of nerd rage, then you might just flame every little thing the Devs got wrong. If you're just looking for another WoW, then maybe this game isn't for you.

The only other game that is remotely like this one is Eve, and from what I've experienced, Eve is seriously broken, unless you have an endless supply of time to devote to it (and even then, you're just average)
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper22bw View Post
The most annoying thing to me that could make me quit is doing the Sector defense missions and having three to four squadrons of npcs camping the zone in. Seriously. WTF.
Your so right and thats the reason not many like doing those because as soon as they zone in they are under attack.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
-.- This could be an interesting study! Lets start early! *hands you a drink* lol

@OP

You flame the game (with some really poor points I might add) and then ask to not be flamed? ...

Yeah, I won't bother... I'm just curious as to where people brought the game... was there a party I missed?
I've already started! Gin & Tonic in hand!