Lt. Commander
# 51
02-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKirk
YES thank you very much finally someone in aggreance with me they were robbed because of lack of knowledge in these games!!!! THAT is why this happens in EVERY mmo, because there is always noobs.
Man you are not very smart are you? BTW I just reported your confession so I am sure once the OPs read what you wrote on this thread you will be as good as banned. (I have already seen other banned users on this board, so I know their cracking down.)

I am not personally involved in this, but what you did was unethical and plain wrong. People like you need to get a clue.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Rules of thumb when operation a guild/clan/corp/fleet whatever bank

1. Don't let noobs have access to the bank
2. Don't Let new players have access to the bank
3. Dont let kids have access to the bank
4. Dont let morons have access to the bank
5. basically if you dont know them outside a chat box DONT GIVE THEM ACCESS TO THE BANK!!!

In my fleet we do allow Crewmen 2 access or bank thats the lowest lv of member BUT to become crewmen 2 we have to trust you have to see your contributing to the bank they must be on TS alot so we get to know them. Than maybe they will gain access. And even than the tabs they can get at are items of non major value high end blues/purps stay with myself and my XO
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
Sorry I don't buy that. If they have a stupid name. That IS a warning. It's saying "Put these people on ignore, do not group with them, do not let them in your fleet and most of all NEVER give them acess to your bank."
The thing is... I would maybe watch them closer than the rest of the fleet and be a little wary of them if they had a silly sounding name.... But I wouldent automatically ignore them etc just because of a name choice.. Be wary yes, a warning in that sense, yes i agree with that.. but using just there name as evidence they are idiots/thiefs whatever, thats just wrong.. You need to know more about that person before jumping to such conclusions
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticWoda
Rules of thumb when operation a guild/clan/corp/fleet whatever bank

1. Don't let noobs have access to the bank
2. Don't Let new players have access to the bank
3. Dont let kids have access to the bank
4. Dont let morons have access to the bank
5. basically if you dont know them outside a chat box DONT GIVE THEM ACCESS TO THE BANK!!!

In my fleet we do allow Crewmen 2 access or bank thats the lowest lv of member BUT to become crewmen 2 we have to trust you have to see your contributing to the bank they must be on TS alot so we get to know them. Than maybe they will gain access. And even than the tabs they can get at are items of non major value high end blues/purps stay with myself and my XO
Thats great but as many have said, the bank is bugged and there is a way to exploit it and remove all the creds.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezath
The thing is... I would maybe watch them closer than the rest of the fleet and be a little wary of them if they had a silly sounding name.... But I wouldent automatically ignore them etc just because of a name choice.. Be wary yes, a warning in that sense, yes i agree with that.. but using just there name as evidence they are idiots/thiefs whatever, thats just wrong.. You need to know more about that person before jumping to such conclusions
People in MMO's pick their own names. That makes names a very valid yardstick for judging someone. Really it tells you all you need to know about them particularly on how they act online. DaKirk and DaSpock are giant neon signs flashing ALERT! ALERT!
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterri View Post
I believe the fleet system is borked, As the commander of my fleet, I set and set permissions and then they do not work as intended, I cant change just 1 ranks permissions as it just changes all but #7, I don't know how but I managed to bug out withdraws from everyone but rank 7, even tho it shows they can withdraw.. we had a bank thief also, take 18k, and what is funny is we give people credits if they ask for it and let us know why.. what else are credits good for but to buy ridiculously overpriced bank tabs?

Anyways, sorry for your Fleets misfortune, hopefully Cryptic fixes Fleet stuff soon, rEAL soon!!

-Misterri
The Seventh Fleet
its a weird bug if you set the rules for 1 rank than change fleet tabs it will show correctly you need to do this for every rank very annoying :/
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-10-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
People in MMO's pick their own names. That makes names a very valid yardstick for judging someone. Really it tells you all you need to know about them particularly on how they act online. DaKirk and DaSpock are giant neon signs flashing ALERT! ALERT!
hehe...I think we will have to agree to dissagree here :p
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-10-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezath
hehe...I think we will have to agree to dissagree here :p
Yeah, My personal belief about comes about in part because of the old saying. "if your date is nice to you but mean to the waiter then they are not a nice person."
People online have almost no checks on their actions. They can do almost anything without consequences. How a person acts in such a situation is rather telling. Sure on the surface you can say that they didn't mean anything by the name they chose. But I find that hard to believe. Particularly in a game like STO where you can pick any name you want. Unlike say WoW where if you come to a server late all the good names are taken and you have to keep trying names till one works. In STO that is not an issue. So there is no excuse for names that are"leet" or just plain stupid. Heck even the random name generator in the game usually comes up with pronounceable race appropriate names. Ok not always but it's better than most.

So when a person picks a name like DaKirk he did that on purpose. That in my opinion is a very bright and shiny warning floating over their heads.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
How is it against the ToS to call them out? No proof? The bank logs will clearly show withdrawals by those players, if they did indeed make them.
Well as bad as it was and they were jerks they didn't break any rule you had set. You accepted them in your fleet and gave them permission to take everything so it could be considered against the TOS. If you can post names of people that are just being jerks we would have thousands of names posted here.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-10-2010, 04:22 AM
sorry but with names like that what DID you expect?

And they break no rules whatsoever. You accepted them in, and it is their choice to leave or not.