Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Bank Theft
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Ok some of my fleet members have said they have seen similar posts but......

WE GOT NAILED

No .... I did not know EVERY recurit has access to the fleet bank, seems stupid not to have to give out permmisions for something like that.

Yes .... as sure as I know I wont get backlash for it, I will post this players name who emptied out a fleet bank almost full of teir 4 and 5 ( some 3) ship parts , guns for crew, lvl 3 and up personal sheilds, lvl 2 and up personal sheilds, all of these items were green or blue.

I think it is stupid for anyone to steal from the fleet and leave...THE FLEET BANK HAS LOGGS, and rest assured I am going to raise hell till action is taken.

BEWARE ALL FLEETS--- LOCK DOWN YOUR FLEET ACCOUNT PERMISSIONS SO THIS DONT HAPPEN TO YOU
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 08:04 PM
you can make it so they can't withdraw, but they need a limit of how many they can take out at each rank

Fleet Bank Energy Credit withdraw is bugged even if you set the limit to 100 or 1 or 0 doesn't work any rank still has access to withdraw as many credits as they want.

Until they fix this i appointed a Treasurer in the guild and we have a Detailed Credit Vault log on our forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
We did the same thing as Yokata. But we planned ahead for a Logistics team to handle storage and organization of excess equipment and resources. Two long-term members have been using alts to store and organize stuff, while a third has been working on the "crafting" system at Memory Alpha. The lowest level member of the fleet would be a new recruit and they aren't allowed to withdraw from the bank themselves, however on request of a banked item, one of us officers will get it for them. We hope to avoid any messy problems like this once they fix the EC withdrawal bug, and we can get additional tabs to lock down stuff mor securely without having to restrict anybody too much.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Well at least it is still early in the game. And now you know not to do it in the future. This guy took a bunch of stuff that won't be worth much soon and ruined his name doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 04:17 AM
Its funny how the ugly greedy nature of some people, a minority I think/hope, come out. I have empathy for your anger but don't let it consume you. Keep that jerks name around though on a note card but don't let him consume you, that greedy sob isn't worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 04:21 AM
Must be from WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
I think it is stupid for anyone to steal from the fleet and leave...THE FLEET BANK HAS LOGGS, and rest assured I am going to raise hell till action is taken.
Sorry you got nailed. It was wrong for that person to do that. I doubt that "raising hell" in this situation will help your cause any. Do you really think this joker is going to give you back your stuff? Or that Cryptic will provide you another set of this loot? It will make you feel better, sure, but it won't help any.

Perhaps, and this is only my opinion, is to use this experience for a positive change. Inform as many people as you can about the permissions on the vaults. Make a separate post detailing what happened to you (minus the 'anger') and tell them how to fix the problem.

Contact Cryptic and see if they can keep an eye on this clown; perhaps they can ban his account if he gets more complaints...

I hope you don't let this consume you. It is just game (and I know you worked hard for that stuff)...but it isn't 'real' stuff...

Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 04:36 AM
quality v quantity don't know why so many fleets are grabbing people without interviews talks on vent etc and generally getting to know them
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Just feel lucky that what he stole is (relatively) low in value. Imagine if this had happened once you had a fleet at endgame with millions of credits and admiral level purples. I've heard horror stories of people ninja'ing 50k gold in wow, or even far more devastating thefts in eve.

All considered, I'd say the guy was a fool for getting a reputation like that for something so petty, this early in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 05:12 AM
This is the only situation that makes me wish we had open pvp so we could all hunt the ******* down and makes his life a living hell.

There is no excuse for this crap.