Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
I think it is stupid for anyone to steal from the fleet and leave...THE FLEET BANK HAS LOGGS, and rest assured I am going to raise hell till action is taken.
It does suck that you got hit like this, and it is stupid. However, I seriously doubt there is much Cryptic will do. They might in this case, as some of the access controls appear to be not working correctly. But, fleets do have to shoulder some responsibility for their actions. If they want to recruit anyone, and give them permissions to the bank, then that is the chance you take.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Devs would probably lock this thread in a heartbeat if you'd name & shame the guy but in these cases, it's kinda proper in my opinion. Would be good to know who he's by account anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwire View Post
Devs would probably lock this thread in a heartbeat if you'd name & shame the guy but in these cases, it's kinda proper in my opinion. Would be good to know who he's by account anyway.
I agree with this. Even if the name will be edited out at FTL speeds.
I'd kinda like to know who this is, so others can be aware not to give fleet banks privs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Assuming, of course, people who post someones name like that are always telling the truth.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Assuming, of course, people who post someones name like that are always telling the truth.
They'd need screenshot backup.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Oh yeah folks, and remember that the guy's account could've been hijacked. Need to be careful with these things.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Oh yeah folks, and remember that the guy's account could've been hijacked. Need to be careful with these things.
Hmm...
You make a good point.
I retract previous statements.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Situations like that are where close communication with Cryptic would be key. It is not the domain of fleets to consider such things. They can only report what they experiences and by what account. Anyway, if an account was compromised and Cryptic was informed, then surely Cryptic would rename it because of the potential for situations like this methinks.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 07:34 AM
I have filed a ticket

been trying to farm the stuff up again, sure I will

Anger passed, just made me mad, and trust me... Ill be sure his name gets around as soon as cryptic responds to me
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
My fleet's bank credits were robbed, too. Happened yesterday. The sad part was that we had used the in-game policies to restrict who can withdrawal money. For example, non-officers can't withdrawal any credits. However, the game is bugged and the policy didn't take. Of course, we found this out the hard way when all of the money was gone.

In any case, we've filed a bug report with Cryptic. I'd suggest to anybody else to test their settings to make sure it works. If not, file a bug. The only way this will be fixed sooner than later is if we report it to Cryptic, and in mass. Otherwise, it'll drop down to the bottom of the priority list.

~ My new motto: "Be wary of the new recruit...it could be a changeling." ~