Lt. Commander
# 31
02-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridion View Post
thats almost 1/8 what i have in my personal inventory.....surely a reason for huge drama
I know its not a super big amount, we had a bunch of T6 stuff in there, and good items, he just took the credits and moved on... not a super loss by any means... just a slimy person.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
as much as i dont like people who rob banks

you guys are thinking alot more can be done then actualy can be

did they break ANY rules on the terms of service of the game? thats the main thing you need to ask yourself

if not, then cryptic would be dumb to penalize the player

on the other hand, if this was just done by a rude player, its hard to say the fleet deserves cryptic to compensate them also.

on the other hand, IF it was a hacker, of course the rules of all this changes in my eyes
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevedis View Post

did they break ANY rules on the terms of service of the game? thats the main thing you need to ask yourself

on the other hand, if this was just done by a rude player, its hard to say the fleet deserves cryptic to compensate them also.

on the other hand, IF it was a hacker, of course the rules of all this changes in my eyes
I think the issue is rather with the fact that there are in-game controls that help safeguard a fleet's credits that are broken. There is another forum that discusses those problems. So, did the thief break any rules...no. But, because the game has a bug that allows this to happen, then it does becomes an issue with Cryptic, where they can either fix it or remove the controls.

In our own experience, we were talking to a GM about the theft, and in a nutshell, the response was that it was a problem for the fleet to deal with. Basically, like what TheVedis said, there were no rules broken. The bright side is the problem turns into a bug and we filed the appropriate bug report. And, if a senior membor of the fleet steals the credits, then we're really S.O.L.!

So, I guess if there is a moral to the story, file bug reports when you see things broken and be wary of potential, new recruits.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Makes me glad that we're known by our @ name in both games. Reputation is everything.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb01
I think the issue is rather with the fact that there are in-game controls that help safeguard a fleet's credits that are broken. There is another forum that discusses those problems. So, did the thief break any rules...no. But, because the game has a bug that allows this to happen, then it does becomes an issue with Cryptic, where they can either fix it or remove the controls.

In our own experience, we were talking to a GM about the theft, and in a nutshell, the response was that it was a problem for the fleet to deal with. Basically, like what TheVedis said, there were no rules broken. The bright side is the problem turns into a bug and we filed the appropriate bug report. And, if a senior membor of the fleet steals the credits, then we're really S.O.L.!

So, I guess if there is a moral to the story, file bug reports when you see things broken and be wary of potential, new recruits.
whats sad is many of us knew the bank would have said bug before the game was out, cuz the bug exists in champions also
so when i saw my own fleets bank having millions of credits, im surprised it didnt get stolen before it was used for bank tabs
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevedis View Post

Valid However, I do belive when you can see its an dobvious hit and run, Cryptic COULD step up and take said items/credits from said player and return them to the bank as it was a GAME flaw that allowed them to take to begin with.

Just saying..... I want my stuff back but to be real, I know it probly wont happen, Ill replace it, not a huge deal, just suckkks is all