Lt. Commander
# 21 Nice
02-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellif
I recently found that <br> works, while multiple spaces still get ignored at least use of a couple of page breaks allows some formatting to break up the text
Thank you..That's what I was looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Good information.. The HTML use is especially helpful. Thank you

I have a question about issues with fleet names. I do not wish to add this here if it is not the proper place however.. so I will ask... where would I post a complaint about another fleet with essentially the same name as mine with the added "The" before it? I have logged a ticket only to be redirected to the forum and see no place where it might be found. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudda View Post
where would I post a complaint about another fleet with essentially the same name as mine with the added "The" before it? I have logged a ticket only to be redirected to the forum and see no place where it might be found. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Greetings Cudda, unfortunately, the powers that be, made the decision to allow any player with the appropriate Fleet ranking permissions to be able to name their Fleet any which way they choose, and this decision was made to allow all options for Fleet names open to all players. So if a player chooses to name his or her Fleet "The Awesome Fleet" for example and then another player chooses to use the same name for their Fleet, they can.

There have been a number of complaints by players about this issue in the past, but as it stands now, I very much doubt that it will ever change. So disappointingly, submitting a ticket or reporting the issue within the forum will not resolve the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-16-2010, 08:28 PM
That is truly sad. Not for your part or even so much for Cryptic's part.. but on the part of the good fleet that takes time to enlist only those who share a respect and honor... when another can arbitrarily recruit literally hundreds of player characters without the real ability to keep from accidentally bringing a "Griefer" into the fold. Thus creating a bad name for both fleets.

Point in hand... I created "Order of the Bat'leth" and another created "The order of the Bat'leth". The problem has already began from the moment I made respectful contact with the then leader of the other. The next day I was told by another that they are now the leader and that there have been multiple complaints against my people telling them to change their name. In fact... I made the one respectful request.. was told that because they have over 300 members they would not comply with that request... and although I did say that i did not feel numbers were the criteria for a fleet name ownership... nothing else was said until the new leader contacted me today.

It seems that community issues are not the concern of those running STO. I do hope that changes in the future... this and many other community issues can kill respectful "FUN" gaming like a cancer...from the inside.

I say this from 10+ years of gaming community experience, having founded and run our parent group from back in late 1999.

Thank you for your information. You seem to be the one voice of clarity in most of the issues we have faced in these boards.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Remember when making a fleet uniform to set the Rank to none at the tailor.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reclusive46 View Post
Remember when making a fleet uniform to set the Rank to none at the tailor.
Yes indeed, thanks Reclusive46, when customizing your uniform at a tailor, your rank insignia (pips) are unlockable pieces so they can not be used for Fleet uniforms, although you may be able to use the Rank of Ensign as that piece is not unlockable, it is available to everyone from the start of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Are all characters from an account automatically in a fleet if the main character joins one? I am not in a fleet and a friend is looking to join the game and asked the question...

Luxx
Lt. Commander
Only the single active character belonging to the player will join a fleet when accepting a fleet invitation or when creating a fleet.

Joining or creating a fleet does not effect every character the player has created, so it does not effect the player on a account wide level.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Thank you for the quick response. My friend is currently enjoying the buddy pass I gave him and is likely to sign up.
Lt. Commander
# 30 TOS uniforms
04-18-2010, 10:31 AM
i bought the box for collecting and then deluxe download for TOS uniforms,i can outfit my crew but have not figured out how to get myself outfitted..lol...so a newb..and how do u start a fleet thnx Archerr@acherr