Lt. Commander
# 101
02-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
I, for one, wouldn't mind. I had fun with my bonuses, they can sell them all even now. The only exception would be the NX prefix. I don't even use it (yet) but I'd prefer this one to be very rare. Actually, I'd rather see the "bloodwine" emote become free, because frankly a Klingon without it is incomplete.
I don't understand the reasoning here. Not only has the NX prefix never been "rare" or "limited" in any way, but it never will be. Anyone with a Digital Deluxe Edition can have it and those will probably be available as long as the game is around. It'd make a lot more sense to argue for the lifetime exclusivity on Liberated Borg or the various pre-order bonuses. Or even the CE exclusives, since that edition will eventually be out of print.

The DDE stuff is just another version of the game that doesn't even cost that much more. Everything "extra" in it definitely should be up on the C-Store, preferably sooner than later.

Personally I'm in favor of everything making its way to the C-Store eventually. But of all the "exclusive" items the last to go up should definitely be the Liberated Borg and Mirror Universe costumes. Both represent a serious investment in Cryptic and their games, as well as a heck of a lot of money up front.
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywars18 View Post
If cryptic released the borg on the C-Store would u Lifetime Subs be mad. Just wondering couse That might make cryptic able to release it to others. I like the borg and i missed out on the chance to get the borg
Edit: It's not an if, it's a when.
And no, I wouldn't really care.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
I could care less, since I got lifetime for one reason, peace of mind about playing the game when I want instead of worrying about some monthly fee I need to keep track of.

They could add all of the special crap in there, since it would end all the whining from people about the special stuff, and they would see that most of it is useless once you start seeing Mk IV stuff, or even sooner.

The TOS Enterprise is probably the biggest want, especially since it has much more going for it than some arbitrary race or low level blue item. Making it available to people after the fact would get quite a few takers. MMOs are the kind of game where you can expect people to come in late, making incentives for newcomers instead of rewarding the early-birds - who were going to buy the game anyway - makes much more sense.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Honestly I would not mind at all, the Borg at not that special and the very few cusomisations we got with them did not make them as cool as I personally wanted. I think if they do it they should also make the Borg BO available too. BUT only if they put the money they receive back into the game, with more GM's and dev's working on the game to make it better.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmDemTag View Post
Doesnt bother me a bit, I went lifetime for the savings over a monthly sub. Being a Borg was just a bonus to me.
This^^^^^^^
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't care,but if they do it, I hope to see Mirror Universe costumes hit the c store eventually too. No way was I lifetiming to CO just for those.
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-10-2010, 10:37 AM
I wouldnt be happy, but as already said, what can you do?
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyu View Post
Yes id be very ticked, specially since that was the main reason i purchased lifetime. If a borg goes to C-store for a few hundred cryptic points id be very upset. Cryptic has already soured my opinion of them alot by making the preorder items NOT at all what the descriptions eluded too. IE the constellation class ship that was supposed to be upgradable. And of course how they refuse to fix the quest bugs i keep sending them tickets about preventing me from completing my quests.

But yea it would be lame for them to release borg, thats like the most exclusive thing we got right now. If they release that it would be like when Star Wars Galaxies decided to scew everyone over with the NGE and make Jedi and Bounty Hunter available to everyone.

I mean i dont have the mirror universe costumes, i would have loved to get those but hey, i understand i didnt know about it at the time and therefore its a special thing for the people who did.
haha, you paid $240 for a Borg? You should only be mad at yourself thinking it would be "exclusive". According to you, they should not had more character slots to the C-store because those are "Bonuses" also.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I think ALL of the pre-order and promotional items should be considered bonuses and not exclusives. Then they could be offered on the C-Store and you just got to pick which you got bundled with your game and which you can pick up later if you want them.
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywars18 View Post
If cryptic released the borg on the C-Store would u Lifetime Subs be mad. Just wondering couse That might make cryptic able to release it to others. I like the borg and i missed out on the chance to get the borg
What happened in City of Heroes when Cryptic ran it, was that all the pre-order goodies eventually showed up for purchase (they didn't have an official store then, it was just a game account thing), BUT it was a least a year (I'm thinking two years, actually) before any of these game-launch items went on sale.

I wasn't bothered at all by the time they finally did appear that way

KOS.