Lt. Commander
# 171
02-12-2010, 02:51 AM
I play Borg but could care less if they sell it.

On a side note: if you do sell the Borg on the c-store can I be compensated with an "Elder Noob" title?
Lt. Commander
# 172
02-12-2010, 02:57 AM
I could see how some would be, but personally I don't care, I don't even use mine
Lt. Commander
# 173
02-12-2010, 02:59 AM
The day AFTER my lifetime sub has paid for itself, fine.
Lt. Commander
# 174
02-12-2010, 02:59 AM
RPG-wisely, it would make sense not to have too many Borg running around, since I'd think liberated Borg would be a LOT more uncommon in Starfleet than Humans or Vulcans. But playing a Borg myself, I don't want to sound too egoistic either. So while I would prefer keeping them as a special recognition for Lifers only, I wouldn't quit the game if they'd make them available in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 175
02-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
That makes absolutely no sense. Liberated Borg is a Borg, if it was not liberated it would not be in Star Fleet.

I see no problem with all the pre-order times coming up for sale in C-store eventually. The first that would be make sense are the Liberated Borg, followed by the Character Slots. Give at least 6 months for more pre-order ones like TOS and TNG uniforms and Borg BOff. It would also make sense for them never to allow anyone but CO/STO lifers to buy Mirror Universe Uniforms.
That makes little sense. First the slots will probably be added before any of the exclusives are. And respecs and renames will probably also be in that first batch going by what they did with Champions. All the exclusives are probably going to appear after those.

And TOS is still available through retail purchase so that one is definitely a longer time off unlike some others like the Borg BO.

There is no chance they let any still available items on the C-Store before those that are not available.
Lt. Commander
# 176
02-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Nothing should be in the c-store. If anything the borg should be unlockble by completing a special story arc in the borg space. The C-store ruins story possibilities/gameplay only total idiots that dont play games for the story would want anything in the c-store instead of as a mission reward. As for the lifers getting mad about it screw em they are subscribers just like the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
# 177
02-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmDemTag View Post
Doesnt bother me a bit, I went lifetime for the savings over a monthly sub. Being a Borg was just a bonus to me.
This for me also. I have no problems seeing other people enjoying playing as a borg. I don't think I would be so happy if they gave away the extra character slots for free tho
Lt. Commander
# 178
02-12-2010, 09:36 AM
I'd be tee'd off about it. It was the one bonus that I actually used, other then forum title and it shows the online community that "yeah, I'm a lifer."
Lt. Commander
# 179
02-12-2010, 09:38 AM
If they did that to those who purchased lifetime subs, it would just be about the icing on the cake for me concerning Cryptic.
I've felt they've been a bit bait and switch over the years with other stuff, to pull that kind of stunt of to loyal customers would make me not buy another Cryptic product on principle alone.

I don't think even Cryptic are that under handed.
Lt. Commander
# 180
02-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
If they did that to those who purchased lifetime subs, it would just be about the icing on the cake for me concerning Cryptic.
I've felt they've been a bit bait and switch over the years with other stuff, to pull that kind of stunt of to loyal customers would make me not buy another Cryptic product on principle alone.

I don't think even Cryptic are that under handed.
I am using Champions as an example but none of the things the lifers got there as exclusives have appeared in their C-Store and that game is almost 6 months in. So going by what they did there, you can expect slots and renaming to appear and maybe some costume pieces not part of the exclusives. Like maybe the Enterprise series uniforms which haven't appeared anywhere yet.

And going with CoX, the preorder items which were the sprint powers didn't show until a couple of years in and as a vet reward.

So going by distant and recent history, Cryptic hasn't been to quick to give out exclusives.

Now the extra slots being part of the package, that was never billed as being exclusives to only lifers. So the slots once I see the price for them, I'll figure that as part of something in the lifer price for my considering it breaking even.