Lt. Commander
# 181
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Btw, read another thread asking about the Borg and him buying a LTS now. I'd think anyone should be having no issue if the Borg was always available to future LTS buyers. Current ones got it at 60 dollars off so good enough trade-off.
Lt. Commander
# 182
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
As I see it the Liberated Borg player option will be in C-Store sooner rather then not all all, if you loot at life time subs all it is is a small perk that they got for a short while and then itll be put into the C-Store, what you actualy pay for in the lifetime sub is well a life time sub and also borg and 2 slots extra ontop before anyone ells gets, so yea itll be in and lifetime subers shouldnt be suprised at it
Lt. Commander
# 183
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't care. I bought the life time sub for no monthly fees. I was planing on buying a lifetime sub if they offered one back in beta. The liberated borg was a bonus for buying he lifetime sub. I didn't pay the money for the liberated borg i paid it for the lifetime sub. I think it would be only fair to offer it to everyone in the c-store for a few dollars if they wish. Just my 2 cents though.
Lt. Commander
# 184
02-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I didn't buy lifetime for the borg. I bought it for the lifetime and for the discount. thx I'd be happy that they put it in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 185
02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
ditto - i bought it cuz it was the cheapest way to enjoy the game the longest - having a borg fed and klink is just a perk.... i wouldn't mind them selling it - thou i wouldn't expect till the end of the first year as an incentive for those on the yearly to retain their subscriptions for another year......an extra character slot or two packaged with that would make it a sweet deal for them.
Lt. Commander
# 186
02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
This doesn't bother me at all.

After all this is not just a game, its a business and selling the bonuses on the C-STORE is just another way to make more money.

I look at it this way. I didn't buy exclusive use of a playable Borg, I simply got a package deal.

In the end I got a LTS, two extra slots and a playable Borg for X amount of money. It's completely fine that you could buy this today, however it will cost you Y amount of money now and it's substantially more than I paid.

I got the discount for early adoption and a bonus package.

So I say go ahead, let anyone that wants to buy them have the bonuses they want. What's the harm? I've got my eye out for a Borg Bridge Officer myself.

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 187
02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I am fine with it as well. I, like many others, went with Lifetime in order to eliminate monthly fees, average out a lower cost for the subscription. The Borg Captain is a perk. I actually prefer the slots.

Cheers!
Borgie_Worgie_Canuck
Lt. Commander
# 188
02-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywars18 View Post
If cryptic released the borg on the C-Store would u Lifetime Subs be mad. Just wondering couse That might make cryptic able to release it to others. I like the borg and i missed out on the chance to get the borg
Honestly I wouldn't care. I got the LT sub so I don't have to pay a monthly fee, and after 16 months I'm golden

The borg was just extra. I don't care who has it.
Lt. Commander
# 189
02-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I basically see 3 answers in all these pages.

1. Some never want it in the C-Store.

2. Some don't care if it's in the C-Store just not right away.

3. Some don't care if it's in the C-Store period.

I fall in the #2 I have to admit.
Lt. Commander
# 190
02-12-2010, 01:14 PM
tbh, I wouldn't care, I don't even use it. I bought it because it would save me money in the long run