Lt. Commander
# 31
02-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywars18 View Post
If cryptic released the borg on the C-Store would u Lifetime Subs be mad. Just wondering couse That might make cryptic able to release it to others. I like the borg and i missed out on the chance to get the borg
Only reason Id be mad is cause thered be as many borgs DKs in WoW lol
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-09-2010, 09:25 PM
It wouldn't bother me at all.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Doesn't bother me as long as the put the other preorder bonuses up. I would like to snatch a uniform or two.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Wouldnt bother me much either. I have the Borg and its hardly impressive.

'Unknown' races with their full access to four selectable traits is way better than the Borg drone that only has 2 very limited options for traits. One of which is a custom attack which is somewhat useful but ultimately the Borg race ultimately results in a gimped character compared to the standard options.

However, if they are going to release the Borg Race option, I want them to release the Borg drone Officer option as well, not to mention ALL of the pre-order items. Although even then, thats pointless because the Borg Drone officer is completely worthless compared to the officers I am seeing and using now.

Seems fair that if Lifers get their unique perk removed that all pre-order items should be offered as well.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Dont care. I got the lifetime sub for convenience, not the borg. That was just a perk. I dont see why anyone would spend all that money just for a few different passive abilities and an eye attachment for your character
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I wound up refunding the lifetime but i got the d2d deluxe edition with the joined trill and i would not care if they added the trill as a playable race for everybody for free. I wound up making an alien as my main so i could get the 4 space skills. yeah i probably screwed up but i am having fun so who cares.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Well, I never planned on playing Borg in the first place. People can not turn around without seeing one and I prefer to be unique which is why I have a changeling.

If Cryptic does choose to add it in the C-store it won't bother me any. Just means there will be a lot more liberated Borg running around.

Bear in mind I did not buy the lifetime subscription for the liberated Borg bonus, I bought it so I didn't have to worry about subscription fees and I liked what I saw in beta. If someone bought it just for the liberated Borg, well, good for them. hehehe
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
I wound up refunding the lifetime but i got the d2d deluxe edition with the joined trill and i would not care if they added the trill as a playable race for everybody for free. I wound up making an alien as my main so i could get the 4 space skills. yeah i probably screwed up but i am having fun so who cares.
I did the same thing, ground combat is meh unless you plan on doing PvP. So I made an alien and then when I made up my bio figured he'd be a changeling too. Since starting my fleet granted me an extra uniform slot, I took that opportunity to completely re-vamp the look so I can toggle between "human" and not.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Id like them to open all trhe races as borg lol Borg Vulcan ftw
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
Id like them to open all trhe races as borg lol Borg Vulcan ftw
Hmmmm, I wonder if the Borg ever assimilated a Pacled... and if they would go back to being dumb if they were liberated or keep some manner of intelligence. hehehe