Lt. Commander
# 41
02-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Dev quote somewhere that said they won't be selling the bonus items that came with pre-orders and whatnot for a while, but that implies they will eventually.

As for the borg captain for a lifetime sub, who knows.

But honestly it doesn't matter. You bought the lifetime sub, you didn't buy the borg. If you paid that much only for the borg, well, I can't give my opinion on the matter without a moderator editing my post because I made someone cry. Just use your imagination.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm a lifer simply because I intend to play for more than a year and a half.

I wouldn't particularly care if the human borg became c-store buyable. But because it was supposed to be an exclusive I would like some other exclusive in exchange, such as lifers being able to borgify any race, or getting c-store credits to get other extras.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-09-2010, 09:47 PM
I wonder what would happen if the Borg assimilated a Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyu View Post
Yes id be very ticked, specially since that was the main reason i purchased lifetime. If a borg goes to C-store for a few hundred cryptic points id be very upset. Cryptic has already soured my opinion of them alot by making the preorder items NOT at all what the descriptions eluded too. IE the constellation class ship that was supposed to be upgradable. And of course how they refuse to fix the quest bugs i keep sending them tickets about preventing me from completing my quests.

But yea it would be lame for them to release borg, thats like the most exclusive thing we got right now. If they release that it would be like when Star Wars Galaxies decided to scew everyone over with the NGE and make Jedi and Bounty Hunter available to everyone.

I mean i dont have the mirror universe costumes, i would have loved to get those but hey, i understand i didnt know about it at the time and therefore its a special thing for the people who did.
Yea, the GS Connie is upgradable. Take the weapons out, put new ones in, omg, you just upgraded the weapons. Did you honestly think for a minute it'd go all the way to Admiral with you?
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Borg Tribble O.o

Edit: damn got beat to the idea
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Throw all the pre-order perks as well as the liberated borg in the C-store. The sooner the better.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkAthena View Post
They prob give several months at minimum first....that way it allows Lifers and other Preorder people time to enjoy thier "exclusive" items before it goes public.
Yup, if you check the CStore on Champions, they totally have the CO Lifetime bonuses there. Go look, just added back in December (a few months after release). They have the CO Lifetime Art Deco costume set, the Retro Future costume set, and even the Mirror Universe uniforms for STO on the CO CStore! It's true, go look now.

Also, they have they're selling the character trait "Gullible" there too. This character trait makes it so that supervillains can do things like point and say "Look, it's a three headed Bob Denver!" and use that to get away without being defeated. It's quite popular with roleplayers who want extra suspense in their PvE content.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywars18 View Post
If cryptic released the borg on the C-Store would u Lifetime Subs be mad. Just wondering couse That might make cryptic able to release it to others. I like the borg and i missed out on the chance to get the borg
I could care less. I can build a better Borg by choosing Alien.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I could care less. I can build a better Borg by choosing Alien.
Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Also, you've obviously never played a Borg in a ground mission. Seriously, the bugs where you sometimes beam down without your away team... Yeaaaah. Not a problem. Resistance is futile.

"Alien" cannot produce the health and shield regenerative trait.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-09-2010, 10:34 PM
if cryptic wants to put borg in C store is up to them i wouldent mind and i am a lifer i wonr be in the way of others geting the opertunity