Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Seperate ques for groups and solo players?

That way a premade would only engage another premade group (and the better challenge).. win/win
kk well perhaps on FED side it is an issue but not on klingons. Yes a preamde works well togeather but i have been in fights with good pugs who without voice or groups have also worked well togeather. To shut out puggs in an mmo is wrong. Most people have started out as a pugg somewhere along their mmo life. If you do not like beign with puggs then make a premade group up. If you do not like fighting against premades then again make a group up. However, it is unfair to people in premades or puggs to say that they wil have to que and wait for another premade or pugg grtoup before they are allowed to enjoy the game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
True, it certainly looks that way, but they could though, the Miranda are pretty well suited for combat against the BOPs.. Just mimic the BOP loadout hvy cannon/torp/turret, and make liberal use of tractorbeam and 1/4 impulse evasive ... Its not like a LT6 Miranda doesnt have enough money to get the weapons, and it normally have a pretty goddarn good shield.

I know, Ive done some T1 Fed PvP when I was bored on a throwaway toon (create toon, grind until you have the shield and enough cash to buy cannon/turret, PvP.. Once the toon hits LtCmdr delete and make new toon.
Yup i have a T1 Klingon alt, pimped with best gear etc. Feds cry more then ever :/
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfricDraka View Post
There's a happy balance between "5 clueless n00bs who don't cooperate at all" and "humourless idiots who think they really are a SEAL team". Actually, the few times I've run with a real top class PvP team in other games they've been quite relaxed (in a professional sort of way) and fun to be around. The really uptight ones are usually the wannabes.
That's been my experience as well.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfricDraka View Post
There's a happy balance between "5 clueless n00bs who don't cooperate at all" and "humourless idiots who think they really are a SEAL team". Actually, the few times I've run with a real top class PvP team in other games they've been quite relaxed (in a professional sort of way) and fun to be around. The really uptight ones are usually the wannabes.
very well stated
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleris_Cold
I just want to say that first off I play Fed and have been since closed beta, also that I am not a hardcore gamer simply because my work schedule is moronic at times. Now what I want to discuss is a generic and more than likely beaten to death subject, PuGs and Pre-mades.

Why do games even bother with randomly throwing people onto a team that generally has a lower chance of winning against a well balanced and coordinated team? I hear more experience players say that you shouldn't even PvP unless you're in a premade. Perhaps it's elitist mentality or the gamers of the world have begun to equate thoroughly stomping someone else's face with "fun". I know PuGs have their moments and come out on top here and there but to me it seems like work instead of gaming to require a voice chat program and go all gung ho like you're on a special forces team.

Granted there is never going to be a balance but I'm still scratching my head when I get into and done with a pvp match be it on ground or in space. I actually feel like I can do more in space and feel like ground combat was not as thought out, more of an after thought thrown in the game. I can't begin to recount how many times I got into a ground match to find myself the only Fed going up against two to three klinks just starting out, then other people drop in just in time to add their body count to the insanity. The ground pvp maps feel like a maze and almost suffocating. I play a very small character simply because it looks humorous when holding a rifle or large weapons and the fact that palm striking someone aims right for the nuts.

I don't deny that being in a pre made is alot of fun because you know who you're playing with and the teammates compliment each other's abilities, its the fact that most fleets I see make it a point that you get a voice chat program even if it's implied as a suggestion ei: We also have Vent. Yeah I've had my fair share of bad "guilds" that basically tell me how to play to compliment their play style and I try not to see them all as that way but I don't want to feel like a navy seal when playing my video games.

It is my sincerest hope that they continue to improve STO cause I'm hooked.

So let me get this straight, you refuse to play with a fleet, join voice comms AND compliment the team with your abilities? Why did you even bother with MMORPG?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Replying to the OP :

One of the problems plaguing pvp right now is that KDF are more likely to be grouped up, because they just requeue after grouping.

I really think that the maps being 'even' is the problem.

If there needs to be an adjustment in balance because one side is more pvp oriented, it needs to be done on the MAPS where a little unfairness can be handed out without changing gameplay. I'm going to make a post about this in a minute.