Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
They probably have fixes for some of these things ready to go, but which would you prefer:

You're playing, and they announce they're bringing the servers down, the servers come down for 15 minutes, and when you get back you can get your ToS skirts. Then, 2 hours later, they bring the servers down again for 15 minutes, and when it comes back you can give your bridge crew WoK uniforms. Then, 2 hours after that they bring the servers down AGAIN for 15 minutes, and when it comes back aceton fields are working. Then 2 hours after that...

Or They announce that the next day they'll be bringing the servers down for several hours. You go through the shakes while the game's down, and keep yourself sane watching Star Trek DVDs, then when it comes back up, most of the broken things are fixed adn you can just back into the game uninterrupted.

It's been a week since they patched, and that last one was a bit of an emergency patch to deal with the Klingons cloaking K7. Give them some time and they'll get it sorted out.


Give them some time????

Why did they offer this as an incentive to hurry up and buy if I am still waiting for it??

Are we, who paid anywhere from 20%-50% more, supposed to just say "Ahh Cryptic ya screwed me!! you sly dog....I'll wait quietly while you count the extra monies you recived by all the DDE and CE purchases....no hard feelings?"

I FOR ONE THINK PEOPLE SHOULD TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT THEY DO AND STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT THEY ARE SELLING. I PERSONALY WOULD BE EMBARESSED TO WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT FAILED TO GIVE THE CUSTOMER NOT ONLY WHAT WAS OFFERED BUT WHAT THEY PAID EXTRA FOR!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUE_The6BillionKgMan
I know how you feel, I don't like running around in my sweet WoK jacket but having my bridge crew following me in the TNG film unis. They're nice, but I want them to match.

The same thing is also happening with the Aceton Field BO power, but at least Cryptic has finally responded about that saying a fix is in the pipeline headed for us.

That's a gamebreaker right there because at least 70% of the BOs have some form of Aceton field, and therefore an "empty" power slot that you cannot use or train over.
This has nothing to do with bug fixing and everything to do with offering an extra, charging more for it, and then not providing it!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsnow View Post
Give them some time????

Why did they offer this as an incentive to hurry up and buy if I am still waiting for it??

Are we, who paid anywhere from 20%-50% more, supposed to just say "Ahh Cryptic ya screwed me!! you sly dog....I'll wait quietly while you count the extra monies you recived by all the DDE and CE purchases....no hard feelings?"

I FOR ONE THINK PEOPLE SHOULD TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT THEY DO AND STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT THEY ARE SELLING. I PERSONALY WOULD BE EMBARESSED TO WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT FAILED TO GIVE THE CUSTOMER NOT ONLY WHAT WAS OFFERED BUT WHAT THEY PAID EXTRA FOR!!
So you're honestly saying that you've never worked for a store that didn't get a shipment of something it'd offered for sale? Or part of a shipment didn't arrive and they didn't have enough of it to cover pre-orders? The store offered it, but they couldn't provide it. Did you quit that store in a huff because they had caused you so much embarrassment?

It's broken, they're working on fixing it. Cryptic is not Q, they can't just snap their fingers and make it work. They have to go into the program and figure out why it doesn't work, and how they can fix it without breaking something else.

They are also probably going to implement the fixes all at once, rather than a little bit at a time, to minimize impact on the game. You are unfortunatly either going to have to deal with it, or cancel your subscription and walk away, because posting angry posts in the forums will not speed the process up, and if the devs actually came in here and answered you, they'd also tell you they're working on it, but that would be 2 minutes they COULD have been fixing the problem where they're instead responding to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Cryptic is letting a lot of people down. I never had experience with Champions Online, but if I had, I would have reconsidered the money I dropped into this game before I had.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
So you're honestly saying that you've never worked for a store that didn't get a shipment of something it'd offered for sale? Or part of a shipment didn't arrive and they didn't have enough of it to cover pre-orders? The store offered it, but they couldn't provide it. Did you quit that store in a huff because they had caused you so much embarrassment?

Yes I can say I have never worked at a retail store. I have worked in the service industry for over 25 years. I do know about CUSTOMER SERVICE...and if I did work at a the store in your analogy...and all mamagment had to say was ...SOON....yes I would be embaressed, and yes I would contemplate quiting...I have pride in what I do.

It's broken, they're working on fixing it. Cryptic is not Q, they can't just snap their fingers and make it work. They have to go into the program and figure out why it doesn't work, and how they can fix it without breaking something else.

Yes but SOON...Soon isn't good enough. soon is a brush off.

They are also probably going to implement the fixes all at once, rather than a little bit at a time, to minimize impact on the game. You are unfortunatly either going to have to deal with it, or cancel your subscription and walk away, because posting angry posts in the forums will not speed the process up, and if the devs actually came in here and answered you, they'd also tell you they're working on it, but that would be 2 minutes they COULD have been fixing the problem where they're instead responding to you.

Ok so the coders are also the ones who run the forums?? HMM ok. That may be a lot of cryptics problem right there.
I never once said anything about quiting or canceling my sub. All I want is what I paid for...Why is it that such a bad thing? to hold a company accountable. Yet here I am defending my right to get the products I paid for......

I remember when people had pride in what they did, maybe I am just old and diffrent than most....I think it's important to stand behind what you sell
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Accidents happen....things don't go as planned, but to say the skirt/costume issues are being worked on and not have them fixed (or at least provide an update) a week later? that is awful customer relations/service. There is not a day that goes by where there aren't more posts about the skirts/BO uniform issues in existing or new threads...and still no updates.

Look at Toyota...they are apologizing profusely every chance they get...and working overtime to make things right. That is what you do when you fail your customers. You don't give canned responses and then ignore the problem for all intents and purposes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedjacWasRight View Post
Accidents happen....things don't go as planned, but to say the skirt/costume issues are being worked on and not have them fixed (or at least provide an update) a week later? that is awful customer relations/service. There is not a day that goes by where there aren't more posts about the skirts/BO uniform issues in existing or new threads...and still no updates.

Look at Toyota...they are apologizing profusely every chance they get...and working overtime to make things right. That is what you do when you fail your customers. You don't give canned responses and then ignore the problem for all intents and purposes.
There ya go Cryptic...all it would take
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Is there anything suggesting they're ignoring the problem? Are there pictures of all the cryptic programmers on beachs in Maui laughing at all the chumps they've "scammed"?

Would you want them to say it will be fixed soon, or would you prefer "It will be fixed next friday." and then when friday comes around "actually we were wrong, it'll be fixed monday." then Monday "Ah, right now we're aiming for wednesday..."

And would you want a post every day saying "Yeah, we're sorry, we're working on it." Then the next day "Yeah, we're still sorry, we thought we'd fixed it, but then it turned everyone into a 3 foot tall female klingon." Then the next day "Yeah, still sorry, ALMOST had it but then everyone had tribbles for heads." then the next day "Yep, still sorry, still working on it, FYI neon blue Ferengi are NOT cool looking." etc.

I would much rather they say "we're working on it, will have it fixed as soon as we can" then they dissappear into a room where they work on it and announce when they've fixed it and are ready to actually deploy the fix. (as opposed to "Ok, we got that fixed, but as it's not game breaking we're not actually going to implement it until we take the servers down for patching next Tuesday.")
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-10-2010, 10:42 AM
None of the Special Order uniforms work for me. I have: WOK, TNG, TOS, MU, DS9, & TNG:M. And not a single damn one of them work for myself or my bridge officers. On 2 other characters they'll work on the captains sometimes.

I have 2 Lifetime subrscriptions to cryptic games, the CE and the DDE and I feel privileged that the rest of my bonuses worked. While the uniforms were the main reasons I purchased, at least I'm not having server crash errors, billing problems & the such. The customer support has been an aboslute nightmare for these types of issues and I'm happy to have avoided them.

With that said, fix...the.....uniforms......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
Is there anything suggesting they're ignoring the problem? Are there pictures of all the cryptic programmers on beachs in Maui laughing at all the chumps they've "scammed"?

Would you want them to say it will be fixed soon, or would you prefer "It will be fixed next friday." and then when friday comes around "actually we were wrong, it'll be fixed monday." then Monday "Ah, right now we're aiming for wednesday..."

And would you want a post every day saying "Yeah, we're sorry, we're working on it." Then the next day "Yeah, we're still sorry, we thought we'd fixed it, but then it turned everyone into a 3 foot tall female klingon." Then the next day "Yeah, still sorry, ALMOST had it but then everyone had tribbles for heads." then the next day "Yep, still sorry, still working on it, FYI neon blue Ferengi are NOT cool looking." etc.

I would much rather they say "we're working on it, will have it fixed as soon as we can" then they dissappear into a room where they work on it and announce when they've fixed it and are ready to actually deploy the fix. (as opposed to "Ok, we got that fixed, but as it's not game breaking we're not actually going to implement it until we take the servers down for patching next Tuesday.")
What I would like....since your asking....is as followed.

I would like Cryptic to tell me WHEN they will be fixed. - I paid a premium for this service I feel I should know when I will get to use what I paid for.
I would like Cryptic to tell me WHY they were broken. - This was a feature advertised at a higher price for weeks...months even, why can't I use it
And finaly I would like Cryptic to apoligize and assure there customers that this is something that they will not let happen again.


I'm not sure people actually get this argument.....I LOVE THIS GAME!!! absolutley LOVE IT!

BUT this isn't about the game, it's about the market and what happens to the customer when he keeps his mouth shut.

I am a man who values a dollar....I work frickin' hard for each and everyone I bring into my household. I work long hours and when I screw up I account for it.
I expect to get what I pay for...And I hold the companies I support and invest in with my hard earned dollars to what they offer.

Offering an incentive, like the uniforms at a higher price and then not only not fufilling that obligation but acting like it wasn't a big deal by giving your customers a "SOON" is a bit offensive.

20% to 50% more per box......think about it
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 AM.