Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm not ready to leave this game, like the game itself. My Engineer is Commander 2 and my Tac is L9. This is more entertaining for me cause I love to fly. Was in Star Wars Galaxies, I rather be a pilot.....This game got what I want so far.

As for my wife, i moved my computer from our 2nd room to living room to get her to stop saying I never see you anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-05-2010, 10:23 AM
This is not the first game to come between my wife and I in the past 15 years, and it won't be the last. (Yes, we married young, and had a child later. Good times were had by all.)

She knows now that I go through an intial craze, and then it subsides, and I either burn out my interest and it just replaces one of my other regularly scheduled pass times.

But then this is my first MMO...so....who knows?
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Well bunnies are handy in that they consider being in the same room as someone 'quality time'. They don't really care what you do, just as long as you are there and occasionally rub their nose.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosGladiator View Post
Well some women look at you using the game and blowing time in it as cheating on them as now they have competition with a machine.
Ya well.. that goes both ways..

er..

Lt. Commander
# 35
03-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller10 View Post
Haha, thanks to all for the advice... I really wasn't even venting. Just wondering if there was anyone else out there drowning in the BS too.

Much love to my STO peeps.

-Tim
Went through this six years ago. I miss the kids.

Some days I wish I could have forgiven her for their sake, but she ran back to their father after we split, and that was just too insulting given that he owed them $45000 in back child support and kicked his third wife out the door the moment he heard that we were having some serious problems. Special guy. Naturally I was pretty upset that she thought that was an improvement over me, but six months down the road she admitted that he was an even worse idea and begged me to come back, so that helped me get over it a bit.

Basically, there are much worse things than being single.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Well bunnies are handy in that they consider being in the same room as someone 'quality time'. They don't really care what you do, just as long as you are there and occasionally rub their nose.
Which is why I now have cats instead of a wife and kids. They're a definite improvement over the wife.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Here's an idea, ready?... >.> Play together Gamer marriages = Win!
If this isn't your reality then maybe a compromise. That is a part of sharing your life with somebody.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm getting a divorce!

...Oh, wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
If this isn't your reality then maybe a compromise. That is a part of sharing your life with somebody.
Two of my three 'decent' relationships (I use that term loosely) were with gamer girls. Honestly, that was about the only good thing about my last relationship.

That's a major reason why I'm still single. There's nobody interesting enough in Alabama! :p
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Very hard to find, especially at my age. The ones I meet tend to either already be married or uncomfortably close to half my age.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
divoce. the time in your life when you actually pay someone to stay away from you.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Brother, I've been there before and was VERY glad we didn't have kids when it came time to tell her to get packing.

I know it's not only about STO, but I know how little things can become big "talking" points during those asinine arguments which are really nothing more than euphemisms and delay tactics postponing the inevitable. It's funny how we're so quick to fight yet too scared to do the right thing and move on.

Life's too short to live miserably and as a parent now I know that if it came down to it again I have the responsibility to show my son that happiness is all that matters.

It's simple. If you're unhappy, end it. The longer you wait the uglier the divorce.