Lt. Commander
# 1 Extend Shields
02-10-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry if there is a duplicate thread on this but extend shields is stupid the way it's implemented at this time. The way extend shields reads there is NO way 5 ships firing on a target should not be getting through with sheer dps. Right now it's like a 45 second shield that can't be penetrated. At the very least it SHOULD take down the shields of the ship extending THEIR shields to another ship and not allow ANOTHER ship to use the same power back on itself.

The PVP so far isn't bad...there just needs to be a counter to all the uberness on the science ship side. Paralyzing a ship in 5v5 combat, esp a non tac ship without a counter is silly. So far so good, but I won't be tossing my sfc2 and Orion Pirates away soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Fly in the middle of them and use photonic shockwave to push them away, it will break. tractor beam repulsors should also work. or kill the ship providing extend shields?

And extend shields is an engineering skill.

Your counter to the uberness of science ships is called science team.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Extend shield puts reverse shield polarity on 20 sec cooldown, once someone uses it switch to him.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
This thread is pointless and full of fail, pls stop posting. thanks.

There is so many counters to Extend shields that its just

Like if someone extends shields, all dps should switch to that guy. and if 2nd extend shields pops up, counter it with shockwave what ever or even subnucleonic beam the extender.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post

Like if someone extends shields, all dps should switch to that guy. and if 2nd extend shields pops up, counter it with shockwave what ever or even subnucleonic beam the extender.
Yes Capt Troll!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post

what he said ^^
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Extend shields, especially the amount of shields it "repairs" is highly dependent on the power level of the ship that is extending it's shields. What often happens is that people will hit the skill, run up their shield power level to make that skill very effective (I manage 1.2k shields per pulse with full power to shields), however this does cripple their damage output and they have to stay within 5 km of the target they are using the skill on.

There are many ways to go around this skill, the best way is to simply shoot the ship giving the shields. It's what I do and it works like a charm as they cannot use reverse shield polarity if they just popped extend shields due to them being on a shared 20 second cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triare
Extend shields, especially the amount of shields it "repairs" is highly dependent on the power level of the ship that is extending it's shields. What often happens is that people will hit the skill, run up their shield power level to make that skill very effective (I manage 1.2k shields per pulse with full power to shields), however this does cripple their damage output and they have to stay within 5 km of the target they are using the skill on.

There are many ways to go around this skill, the best way is to simply shoot the ship giving the shields. It's what I do and it works like a charm as they cannot use reverse shield polarity if they just popped extend shields due to them being on a shared 20 second cooldown.
beam: target shield subsystems also makes a great counter to it.