Lt. Commander
# 1 Increasingly bored :(
02-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Anyone else starting to get increasingly bored ? I mean, i've been looking forward to this game for so many years, and I was thrilled beyond when it finnaly got out! But even at a fairly slow and casual playstyle, im already captain3 - And I feel that all im dooing is "go to that planet, kill 5." "Go to that planet, scan a thing. the scan the same thing again 4 times".

A few quests have been really cool! Gooing back in time was fun - and some other!

And lets not forget, shooting photon torpedos is fun!

But its alot of fun, stuffed in a very, very small packet. And I feel like im not maintaining intresst I wish there were, cause im a huge fan of the star trek universe.

Anyone else feels that its lacking ?

If so, is there anyway we can aid Cryptic in suggestions to give it some more stuff to do, and to maintain interest ? Because I reallly would hate to be through most, if not all, of the content within a month. And no, im not playing alot. 2, maybee three hours a day.

Sigh. Sorry for the rant. Love the game, miss the content.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 05:57 AM
yep.

I knew when I was in Beta I would probably only play for a month after release. Right now I just do not see anything to do once you max out. And since I am not a PvP fan boy that stuff does not interest me at all.

But its fun for now till they had more content. I can always cancel my sub and then turn it back on later when I hear of more stuff to do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Yeah. I feel kind of sorry for thoose with a lifetime sub.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utepils View Post
Yeah. I feel kind of sorry for thoose with a lifetime sub.
Why? I <3 my Lifetime sub - but I'm not a "rusher" (at least not here, since I know there's no point @ release).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevok View Post
Why? I <3 my Lifetime sub - but I'm not a "rusher" (at least not here, since I know there's no point @ release).
i play this game VERY casualy, but yea i need to wait 11 lvls till i get my new Ship. This is BS.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Im with you.

I fear that i will play my free time i get with the gamecode and then fade away if nothing changes.
So, they have time till may this year to make different interesting and challenging exploration mission, and further increase the mainmission or build up another one, getting ship interiors online, making Risa more interesting and finally fixing the Uniform bugs.

I dont want everything perfect within this time, i just want to see ingame that they are working on it and that they really try to get the game online they promised it to be.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm going as slow as I can. I only play every other day. Then only for 2 hours. But I know within a few months and my character will be Admiral. Then what? I really hope the new content is sooner than later.

I took month to month because I see myself taking long breaks in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utepils View Post
If so, is there anyway we can aid Cryptic in suggestions to give it some more stuff to do, and to maintain interest ? Because I reallly would hate to be through most, if not all, of the content within a month. And no, im not playing alot. 2, maybee three hours a day.
umm. Did you not read the STO home page? http://www.startrekonline.com/upcoming_content
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner087
I'm going as slow as I can. I only play every other day. Then only for 2 hours. But I know within a few months and my character will be Admiral. Then what? I really hope the new content is sooner than later.

I took month to month because I see myself taking long breaks in the game.

I have not played in like 4 days and I am only like level 18. Played in closed beta then got wiped, played in open beta then got wiped again.

So not really in a hurry and kind of bored already.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 06:32 AM
There are numerous different characters I can create, different races, and three specific ship routes I can go down for all those races, so there's no need to feel sorry for me with my lifetime sub, as I bought it knowing that there was the possibility to do that, and that new content would be coming along. I for one will not run out of things to do.

Al