Lt. Commander
# 1 BO Race and Gender
02-09-2010, 05:42 AM
I think it'd be nice to be able to choose your new BO's Race and Gender when you get them, in that very first customisation screen.

Some of the Races just look plain ugly, like the Bolians, and I don't want to have to cover my eyes every time they run past me!
And I roleplay one of my characters to have an all-female crew, so when I'm given a male BO, it rather puts a spanner in the works, somewhat!

And yes, I know that you can buy various different BOs from the BO Store, but they always have really awful skills, making them not worth getting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 06:02 AM
I like the fact that you can't change the Race or Gender, too me it makes them seem a bit more real.

And if you don't like the one you got from a mission, don't assign them. Just right click them and hit reject.

If you want them to have different powers, go to the power guy and buy new ones. They are not that much, I have changed most of my BO abilites 3 times already.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
But it's not real, it's a game. And it's a game that has pretty good customisation in lots of other areas.

And if you did want to keep your BOs the same as how you get them, then you can do. Letting us change it won't affect that. It just means that those of us who want to 'tweak' the BOs into what we want them to be, whether that's because it's how we've always dreamed our starship would be, or whether it's for RP purposes, we can do.

And if you're happy leaving them as they are, then just leave them be. And smile cos you know that I'm happy with my 'tweaked' BOs, RPing away on my dream starship.

And do you not even change their names or appearance? ... Really?!