Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't connect to server
02-10-2010, 07:07 AM
I've the message "You're not allowed to log into this server at this time" since 3 days.

I made a ticket to signal it but still no answer... I just can't play it stops me when the server tries to access character list.

My connection is still the same since the beginning of the Beta, I reached lvl 21 (to say I played a lot), I use no proxy or else, my account is ACTIVE with a good Paypal account, my final retail key is entered and active in my account, and I can't play...

If anyone have the same problem, post here, if any GM of tech support guy see that, please act quickly to unlock the situation. It's ****ing me off...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Everyone seems to be having this problem and they obviously don't know what the heck to do over at cryptic. Sounds like they have 1 server that can't handle the capacity. They need like 10. Just like everyone has been saying to them. This "You are not Allowed" " CRAP just put me over the edge. Won't be getting a subcription from me .. Least you guys over at cryptic got 60 bucks out of me for playing 4 days woohoo GO CRYPTIC!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 07:26 AM
I do not even get to that point it just crashes to desktop every time I hit engage. I wonder how many players they will actually have by the time they get stuff fixed. IF they get stuff fixed.
Lt. Commander
You know, support is what makes or breaks any game.

Three days no response to tickets.

Over ten days no response to forum requests.

What does it equal or tell us, your customers?

1. You don't have a customer service staff, or

2. You do have a customer service staff that doesn't care, or

3. You don't read forums, or

4. You, the provider, reads them and doesn't care...

Summary - You got our money and now you don't care-

Wait till the magazine articles on Star Trek come out. You can be assured that there are many of us they DO care and WILL write about the total lack of support, non-responsive behavior and "silence" we ave received.

Shame on you Cryptic-
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IseCreme View Post
I do not even get to that point it just crashes to desktop every time I hit engage. I wonder how many players they will actually have by the time they get stuff fixed. IF they get stuff fixed.
Can you post your dxdiag log. We can see if theres a problem or a conflict causign the game to crash then.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZarkoff
You know, support is what makes or breaks any game.

Three days no response to tickets.

Over ten days no response to forum requests.

What does it equal or tell us, your customers?

1. You don't have a customer service staff, or

2. You do have a customer service staff that doesn't care, or

3. You don't read forums, or

4. You, the provider, reads them and doesn't care...

Summary - You got our money and now you don't care-

Wait till the magazine articles on Star Trek come out. You can be assured that there are many of us they DO care and WILL write about the total lack of support, non-responsive behavior and "silence" we ave received.

Shame on you Cryptic-

Looks liek you need a tinfoil hat. Cryptics CS is a small department and they have a huge backlog of tickets. ranging from mature necessary Billing requests, to immature teenagers/adults crying and screaming insults at them. Eachand every ticket has to be answered, and yes, it may take a while.

If you want faster support, telephone them. It may take a whiel to get through, but remember, there are a lot of people ahead of you in the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 08:17 AM
You pay the price for a service, and you pay the HIGH price...

I don't understand how such huge games with such a license can have such a poor client service.

It's OK, they receive a lot of tickets, but tickets about problems to connect from accounts have to be prioritary and answered in a day maximum.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Looks liek you need a tinfoil hat. Cryptics CS is a small department and they have a huge backlog of tickets. ranging from mature necessary Billing requests, to immature teenagers/adults crying and screaming insults at them. Eachand every ticket has to be answered, and yes, it may take a while.

If you want faster support, telephone them. It may take a whiel to get through, but remember, there are a lot of people ahead of you in the queue.
1. Some of us have a RL and don't have the time to wait on the phone 1:27 hours (first time) and almost 1:30 hours (the second time) with NO RESPONSE.

2. It costs Cryptic very little to POST a small response, ANY response to what is happening since my case is not an "isolated" case. It is happening to many, many people if you've read the forums.

3. Ticket response? NONE

Is that really asking too much?!

Oh, btw, it makes NO difference how small a company is or is not. They are making money hand-over-fist and customer support is NOT an option. It is a requirement for good relations, especially with a P2P game, which this is. Star Trek is NOT a F2P game - customer support is common sense.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
I paid for three months and I can't even play. I sat there for 2 hours once trying to get in and never did, not once. All it says is "Connecting to account server". I'm done.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZarkoff
1. Some of us have a RL and don't have the time to wait on the phone 1:27 hours (first time) and almost 1:30 hours (the second time) with NO RESPONSE.
Welcome to the world of waiting your turn in a queue.

Quote:
2. It costs Cryptic very little to POST a small response, ANY response to what is happening since my case is not an "isolated" case. It is happening to many, many people if you've read the forums.
They have responded. "Cant connect to the server" means exactly that. Something on your system/isp is blocking the connection. "Not allowed to login to the server at this time", is a totally different error and there is an offical thread explaining it, and how to rectify it.

Quote:
3. Ticket response? NONE
All depends what the ticket is about. Bug reports get filed away with the rest of them for the devs to sort through, other ones act just like a telephone call. You need to be patient and wait. Cryptic is a small company. They currently have a huge backlog of tickets and are working through it as fast as they can.

Quote:
Is that really asking too much?!

Oh, btw, it makes NO difference how small a company is or is not. They are making money hand-over-fist and customer support is NOT an option. It is a requirement for good relations, especially with a P2P game, which this is. Star Trek is NOT a F2P game - customer support is common sense.

Yes it does make a difference. it makes a HUGE difference. Common sense and basic logic should tell you that. They know they need mroe staff, and the CS manager himself has even posted on these forums to say that. They need experienced and trained people. You cant just take random untrained people off the street and let them have access to private and secure information. Especially where your billing details are concerned.

Some other info for you.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...86#post2020786

and

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...61#post1948661