Lt. Commander
Ok like It says this is not related to STO.

Anyways those of you who have windows seven and are trying/gonna try to play Bio Shock 2, Heres a headsup and a workaround.

Window 7 uses directX 10 and Bio Shock 2 will crash even though it can use it.

The work around is to use DirectX 9 through options menu.

It's a temporay thing til an update comes out. anywho enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatherworldians View Post
Ok like It says this is not related to STO.

Anyways those of you who have windows seven and are trying/gonna try to play Bio Shock 2, Heres a headsup and a workaround.

Window 7 uses directX 10 and Bio Shock 2 will crash even though it can use it.

The work around is to use DirectX 9 through options menu.

It's a temporay thing til an update comes out. anywho enjoy.
wow thanks, i was D/Ling bioshock 2 last night to play when i got home today and i do run win 7 lol, talk about good timing

the game stays running until you get to the options menu?

there is an advanced command line option you can add to a shortcut to force something to run in DX9 by default, it is "-dx9" without the quotes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 08:13 AM
I'll remember that if I get it for PC. I already have it for 360 though, so we'll just have to see.

Now the question is, why do you design a game without full DirectX 10 support when it's the most updated version? It doesn't make sense in the slightest.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai_Strife
I'll remember that if I get it for PC. I already have it for 360 though, so we'll just have to see.

Now the question is, why do you design a game without full DirectX 10 support when it's the most updated version? It doesn't make sense in the slightest.
Bioshock2 supports both, they have a bug i guess that is causing the problem.

the origional bioshock supported both as well. and if i recall correctly it origionally had DX10 trouble at release too >.>

also, windows 7 uses DX11, which is the most current DX10 is "old school" lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotmagnet
the game stays running until you get to the options menu?
Yes it does. If you try to play the game the second it loads into the next screen it crashes. Now the part I'm not sure about is mine was a digital copy. I have only heard that this problem happens to the cd copys. As far as I know this could be complete bs. I am not sure if it's ture as I still work with Windows XP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotmagnet
Bioshock2 supports both, they have a bug i guess that is causing the problem.

the origional bioshock supported both as well. and if i recall correctly it origionally had DX10 trouble at release too >.>

also, windows 7 uses DX11, which is the most current DX10 is "old school" lol
Wait, 11 is out now? Man, last I checked, it was still in testing, which I'll admit, was a while ago. LOL

I guess I should rephrase my statement. I meant that it's strange that they wouldn't have tested for and found a bug like that, more so since it occurred in the first game as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
If DX11 is out post the download link. sounds scary as flak but my friend will kill me if If it's out and I don't have the link.