Lt. Commander
I have not spent a single skill point yet....have nearly 2k LOL

If you could do it all over again...what would you spend them in???? BO points as well???

(I am tac /of course ... and going for an assault cruiser)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 02:56 AM
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...8-85--_4-47---

That is my current build. If I did it again I would drop Emitters to 5 and spend the extra points on Eng Team Leader.

I MIGHT drop plasma weapons and switch to Distruptor, and put those extra points into Aux systems Eff and Engine Performance (for more speed and faster turning), but that is a tough call. I like the extra hull damage plasma can give.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 02:59 AM
and BO points are irrelevant, since they never stop coming in. Just realize earlier than I did that science team heals your shields almost twice as well as Emergency Power to Shields AND science team makes you immune to VM for its' duration.

Also realize if you are a tac officer that rapid fire 2 and 3 do ~ 20dps and 40dps more than RF1, so HY2 and 3 are FAR superior choices.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 03:59 AM
The problem isn't spending them right the first time because we will have respecs (both via microtransactions and via in-game actions) soon. The problem is that skills are both too costly at Admiral and you don't get enough skill points, so the supposed most interesting skill investment in the game evaporates as you can only max out 1 ship skill box and half of a skill of your choice.