Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
I was playing with the alien creator for my bridge crew tactical officer and one option triggered some thoughts and creativity and I decided to persue it the best I could. I'm sure it's nothing new, but I created a Na'vi (from Avatar) tactical officer and I think it turned out pretty well.

Has anyone else made a unique or "borrowed" alien race they thought turned out exceptionally well? If so, give a link!

Na'vi Tactical Officer 01

Na'vi Tactical Officer 02
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Oh, oh, I'll have to post my main when I get home. I based her off a character design a friend made for me a while ago and I think it came out almost exactly like the drawing. Will get screenshots later.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Ive seen many Ava-tards in game since Beta. Not my cup of tea. However I applaud your accuracy in recreating Na'vi.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 08:57 AM
I have a self-invented CE, though I took some inspirations from the Salarians in Mass Effect and my pet Cocaktiel.

He's about two feet tall, big eyes, funky head, and goes by 'Twitchy'

Ill show off some pictures when I get the chance to do some screen-caps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
Ive seen many Ava-tards in game since Beta. Not my cup of tea. However I applaud your accuracy in recreating Na'vi.
Yeah, I went unique with my Captain but decided to have a bit of fun with my bridge officers since it's usually only me who sees them anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knite
I was playing with the alien creator for my bridge crew tactical officer and one option triggered some thoughts and creativity and I decided to persue it the best I could. I'm sure it's nothing new, but I created a Na'vi (from Avatar) tactical officer and I think it turned out pretty well.

Has anyone else made a unique or "borrowed" alien race they thought turned out exceptionally well? If so, give a link!

Na'vi Tactical Officer 01

Na'vi Tactical Officer 02
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
While I ain't gonna go "rude", there have been many players that have already done this since Open Beta. So, sorry, not really unique or Original at this point, but it does look nice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Not a fan of the Na'vi in Starfleet, but you created yours so well, I'll let you slide. I'm really impressed with her face. I mean, it's spot on. Excellent job.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Remade a lil zabrak from the good old days of pre-NGE SWG.

Now where did Chat leave that picture... AHA!
Rather close. Had the same hair and similar horns. Yes... White skin with blue markings.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
While I ain't gonna go "rude", there have been many players that have already done this since Open Beta. So, sorry, not really unique or Original at this point, but it does look nice.
How was i rude?

No different in being called a Trekkie.

Avatard DOES denote a fan of Avatar.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Remade a lil zabrak from the good old days of pre-NGE SWG.

Now where did Chat leave that picture... AHA!
Rather close. Had the same hair and similar horns. Yes... White skin with blue markings.
*sighs longingly*

Oh Flurry server. It seems like a millennium since I frolicked about your solar systems in my starship.