Lt. Commander
Currently:
Miracle Worker is a Hull Repair skill which is based off the current Crew Alive (and working) number. This means that the larger the crew compliment, the bigger the hull repair heal granted by this skill.

THIS IS BACKWARDS.

When my ship is at full crew (because it's undamaged by combat), I don't need an ability which heals 50+% of my hull. When my ship is horrifically damaged (because of taking heavy fire), THAT is when I need a "big massive hull repair heal" ... but Miracle Worker won't do that, because the amount healed is based on crew (which has also been severely damaged by combat).

Currently ... when you "need" Miracle Worker the least (ie. undamaged by combat) is when you get the greatest effect (from a 15 minute cooldown!) ... and when you "need" Miracle Worker the most (ie. critically damaged and nearly destroyed) is when you get the smallest effect (from a 15 minute cooldown!).

Recommendation:
Invert the Miracle Worker relationship to crew alive/incapacitated/dead numbers so that it works more like Go Down Fighting for Tactical captains. Meaning ... the more crew incapacitated or dead ... the greater the hull repair heal effect and the greater the chance to restore offline subsystems (weapons, shields, engines, auxiliary).

That way ... at full crew, Miracle Worker yields the smallest/least effect ... and at all crew dead, Miracle Worker yields the greatest/most effect.

C'mon guys ... it only makes sense ...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 05:38 AM
You know whats funny ? The tac officer ability "go down fighting or something" scales in exact opposition, than miracle worker. If you have 1% hull, it gives 175% dmg boost, compared to 50%, when you are full.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 05:40 AM
/signed

After all, it *is* called "Miracle" worker.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 06:10 AM
I have to agree. You can only be considered to be a miracle worker if you do something that is truely miraculous. So saving a ship that is on the verge of destruction and has lost half it's crew is much more worthy of the title than reparing that scratch in the bulkhead when you have 400 crewmen walking about the corridors.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Line View Post
C'mon guys ... it only makes sense ...
Sense? This game (and thus the devs) are supposed to make sense?