Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthang
I just started a new character to see at what pace I really do level, my first one is a RA at the moment. I am Lt. 7 at the moment, and my playtime is 6 hours and 30 minutes. Deduct perhaps maybe an hour from that for trip to the bathroom, making coffee, helping the wife with something. And all I do is just storyline missions and patrol missions, and I feel really laid-back when I do them.

The difference is, I have time. I start work at 8am, return home at 4pm. Then I eat dinner and start playing around 6pm or so. I log off around midnight, which leaves me with some 6 odd hours I can play on weekdays. On weekends I can play more. My wife always has her own things to do, knitting being her favorite.

Playing games is my favorite way of relaxing. I love games, and been at it since I got my VIC-20 some 30 years ago, followed by a C64. And some know how that story goes When I play games, I do it in what I consider a relaxed, casual and laid-back way. My chair shows signs of that as well, I need to get a new one soon.

But for STO, I think on average it would take 1 hour per level or so in-game time. Which I think is quite normal. The difference, between people it seems, is how much time we have and like to play every day.
The C64 ROCKED! There are still some games I wish they would remake...M.U.L.E, Racing Destruction Set...I could go on and on... Sry off topic!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-11-2010, 02:11 AM
what is a defend mission?
can someone plz tell me where i can do this?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpr3ter View Post
what is a defend mission?
can someone plz tell me where i can do this?
these are missions where you fly in the designated sector, fly toward the 'enemy signal contact', and select the option to join the fight. you will have a required number of enemies to kill in order to complete the mission. when you warp back to sector space, contact starfleet to collect the mission rewards...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
07-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordellg2
I've been reading numerous threads over the past few days and I'm absolutely floored at how many Rear Admirals and Captain's there are. How are you leveling up so fast? Are you teaming up with other people, are you playing 20 plus hours a day? What's up guys?
Me i hit Lieutenant 7 in 1 day do things such as defend Sirius sector and so on
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
07-29-2010, 04:28 PM
i know its off topic but Borg are easy to lvl (get borg by buying unlimited subscription)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
07-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanedata View Post
i know its off topic but Borg are easy to lvl (get borg by buying unlimited subscription)
Didn't you have to buy a liftime like before the head start event started? Someone who bought one now would not be able to become one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
07-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodymanuel
Didn't you have to buy a liftime like before the head start event started? Someone who bought one now would not be able to become one.
Nope, they opened up the Lib Borg player character to all lifetime subscribers a few weeks ago.

My Ferengi leveled incredibly fast. Hell, I hit VA1 from RA6 yesterday alone... I think it took me a week or two to hit RA, and that was my first real character. I haven't really seen any race that levels any faster than another. They're fairly well balanced.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
07-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
Nope, they opened up the Lib Borg player character to all lifetime subscribers a few weeks ago.

My Ferengi leveled incredibly fast. Hell, I hit VA1 from RA6 yesterday alone... I think it took me a week or two to hit RA, and that was my first real character. I haven't really seen any race that levels any faster than another. They're fairly well balanced.
I may have to buy a liftime subscription then, i was kinda on the fence about whether to get one anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
07-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodymanuel
I may have to buy a liftime subscription then, i was kinda on the fence about whether to get one anyway.
Honestly, I don't even use the Borg. I think if I ever level an engineer I might, but that's just not in the cards anytime soon, I love my Tac too much.

edit: Actually, I have an engineer I was working on, and he's not Borg, he's Benzite, purely because I've never seen a single player play that race.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
07-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordellg2
I've been reading numerous threads over the past few days and I'm absolutely floored at how many Rear Admirals and Captain's there are. How are you leveling up so fast? Are you teaming up with other people, are you playing 20 plus hours a day? What's up guys?
I leveled up in the first week, 3 days play time, playing with one perminate team member that was science
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:44 AM.