Lt. Commander
# 1 Rear Admiral 3
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Ok,

I have not power-leveled, i work and i have a life.

I've already hit the end of the PVE content for this game when i hit rear admiral 3 today.

How long until we finally get some end game content?, as if you consider every single other MMO out there, you spent considerably longer at the top level than getting TO the top level.

With a game like this where its stupidly easy to level up, how can they release a game with no end game content.

A dev post here would be greatly appriciated as each day more and more ppl are going to hit the end of the content and start quitting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Fan"people" will be here to flame you very soon.

but this game is way to light on content at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmarko123 View Post
Ok,

I've already hit the end of the PVE content for this game when i hit rear admiral 3 today.

How long until we finally get some end game content?, as if you consider every single other MMO out there, you spent considerably longer at the top level than getting TO the top level.

With a game like this where its stupidly easy to level up, how can they release a game with no end game content.

A dev post here would be greatly appriciated as each day more and more ppl are going to hit the end of the content and start quitting.
Why don't you take the time to look for yourself instead of asking the forums to spoon feed you? The information that you seek exists on the STO website.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Ok,

Well done! Now do me a favor. Please type in /played in the chat window and tell me how many days, hours, minutes you've played the character.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilosoldier

but this game is way to light on content at launch.
The amount of content has no bearing on how quickly you get to the end. It only has a bearing on the variety of missions you can do while playing. The game is designed to take 70-80 hours to go from 1 to 45. That 70 hours could be five 14-hour days or it could be fifty 1.5-hour days.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
It would be nice if people could learn to stop with the fan____ and troll comments constantly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmarko123 View Post
Ok,

As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words. While I'm not denying you work or that you are a living creature, I have to say that anyone who is already an admiral IS in fact a power gamer. To be clear, it has been 8 days since the game launched, or 11 if you had a headstart. It takes at least 50 hours to reach admiral, and even if you have played every day for the past 11 days, that is 4.5 hours a day. Considering the fact that most people work or go to school for 8/9 hours a day, spending 4.5 hours playing a video game every single day is actually alot of time.

All of that said, I am not trying to insult you. What you do with your time is your choice. But my point is that no Dev team can keep up with power gamers. Not even Blizzard. If you had played WoW 4.5 hours every single day when it lauched, you would have ran out of content by now too. So in conclusion, I would recommend that the people who have already run out of things to do in STO re-evaluate their playing schedule.

Yes, Cryptic is working on new content that should be out within the comming weerks. But the truth of the matter is if you play that content at the same pace you are currently playing, you'll be done with that in a few days too and on the forums complaining about lack of content again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The amount of content has no bearing on how quickly you get to the end. It only has a bearing on the variety of missions you can do while playing. The game is designed to take 70-80 hours to go from 1 to 45. That 70 hours could be five 14-hour days or it could be fifty 1.5-hour days.
Which would be great for a single player experience, not a sub based MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Which would be great for a single player experience, not a sub based MMO.
Every MMO I play generally takes between 70-100 played hours to reach End-game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I must really have no clue how to play this game. I work and generally have a life, but I play pretty heavily in my spare time, and I am not at Commander yet.

I think I could level faster if I was into grinding random missions or the same fleet action over and over. Or maybe if I abandoned all of the ground missions, or never bothered collecting anomolies I could have leveled quicker. But I like to move around, PvP, follow the story line missions, read the dialog.

What am I doing wrong?