Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmarko123 View Post
Ok,

I have not power-leveled, i work and i have a life.

I've already hit the end of the PVE content for this game when i hit rear admiral 3 today.

How long until we finally get some end game content?, as if you consider every single other MMO out there, you spent considerably longer at the top level than getting TO the top level.

With a game like this where its stupidly easy to level up, how can they release a game with no end game content.

A dev post here would be greatly appriciated as each day more and more ppl are going to hit the end of the content and start quitting.
LMAO in that case Cryptic better come up with something fast or there are going to be alot of bored admirial players leaving before there free month is up

I think i left CO after the second month.. at least they got 2 months out of me
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilosoldier
Fan"people" will be here to flame you very soon.

but this game is way to light on content at launch.
FLAEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, i've done my part.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Every MMO I play generally takes between 70-100 played hours to reach End-game.
Funny you bring up end game, cause if you could point me in the direction of it here, I would be greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Funny you bring up end game, cause if you could point me in the direction of it here, I would be greatly appreciated!
I can tell you to go and read the post on the main website telling you that End-game will be put in shortly. That should be clear to anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
I can tell you to go and read the post on the main website telling you that End-game will be put in shortly. That should be clear to anyone.
The fact they took the last 5 levels out pre launch to give back to us "soon" is just plain silly. ITs all about milking the cows.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Fan"people" will be here to flame you very soon.

but this game is way to light on content at launch.
How many hours a day do you play?
I play 2 hours a day and hit Lt. Commander a few days ago.
But more content will be added soon, and even more will be in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
The fact they took the last 5 levels out pre launch to give back to us "soon" is just plain silly. ITs all about milking the cows.
They didn't take any levels out and adding more levels is not what the End-game is. Nice 'not reading' there.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 12:10 PM
i must really be doing something wrong then. i have played since the head start and im only lt commander 3. and i play just about every night after work.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words. While I'm not denying you work or that you are a living creature, I have to say that anyone who is already an admiral IS in fact a power gamer. To be clear, it has been 8 days since the game launched, or 11 if you had a headstart. It takes at least 50 hours to reach admiral, and even if you have played every day for the past 11 days, that is 4.5 hours a day. Considering the fact that most people work or go to school for 8/9 hours a day, spending 4.5 hours playing a video game every single day is actually alot of time.

All of that said, I am not trying to insult you. What you do with your time is your choice. But my point is that no Dev team can keep up with power gamers. Not even Blizzard. If you had played WoW 4.5 hours every single day when it lauched, you would have ran out of content by now too. So in conclusion, I would recommend that the people who have already run out of things to do in STO re-evaluate their playing schedule.

Yes, Cryptic is working on new content that should be out within the comming weerks. But the truth of the matter is if you play that content at the same pace you are currently playing, you'll be done with that in a few days too and on the forums complaining about lack of content again.
Playing for 4.5 hours a day!!! Is that even possible? I'm already bored after playing computergames for 2 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
The amount of content has no bearing on how quickly you get to the end. It only has a bearing on the variety of missions you can do while playing. The game is designed to take 70-80 hours to go from 1 to 45. That 70 hours could be five 14-hour days or it could be fifty 1.5-hour days.
Still thatīs not very much. In most MMOs it takes 10-14 days /played for your first character to become max level. STO with its 3 days has very few content.
And most games have at least something to do at max level at launch. Even if itīs just normal dungeons or open pvp.