Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminewtor
i must really be doing something wrong then. i have played since the head start and im only lt commander 3. and i play just about every night after work.
It's not about doing things right or wrong. It's just all about the amount of time played per day. Someone playing 3 hours a day is going to take 3x longer then someone playing 9. The problem is the people playing 30-40+ hours a week don't consider themselves to be power-gamers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yriel
Still thatīs not very much. In most MMOs it takes 10-14 days /played for your first character to become max level. STO with its 3 days has very few content.
No, they don't. As I said above, most MMOs take 70-100 played hours to reach max level. That's not 10-14 /played days.

Quote:
And most games have at least something to do at max level at launch. Even if itīs just normal dungeons or open pvp.
The key words in the sentence above is "most games." I've played many games that didn't have End-game content, ever, let alone at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Every MMO I play generally takes between 70-100 played hours to reach End-game.
Sorry but no. On the second time through when you have friends, gear, know the quests and fastest ways. Maybe. The first time through most MMOs? No. Go get to 75 in FFXI in 100 hours. You won't even be lvl 40. Get to 50 in **** in 100 hours, I played 10 hours a day for roughly a month before geting bored and i was 36. WoW took around 200 hours to hit level 60 back at launch on your first character. And with all of these games, you still had something else to do. You can't really blame people for "powering" through the content when there is only one type of content. It's not like you can stop leveling for a bit and do some gathering/crafting. Or go and explore places you know you shouldn't be yet just because you're curious. There's not a hub or interesting place to hang out in and chat.

The length and substance of this game is truly of an epic singleplayer RPG. The timeline and amount of "side quests" fits in perfectly. All the final fantasy games can be played for roughly around 80 hours before exhausting the content.

There just isn't an MMO feel to this game. It's simply not there. You can even do the things i mentioned in Champions Online, cryptics other MMO. Which made me think STO would have similiar content to CO. In it's current state this is just a multiplayer RPG, not a massively multiplayer RPG. The massively part is important for MMOs to sustain the subscription base ever chasing whatever carrot they set their eyes on.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
This game is the polar opposite of ****.

That was a grind fest, here they put in a LOT of quests and event/stories for you to follow and level up quickly.

There wil lbe end game content soon, they are planning it for the next major patch, so be a little patient and go play some klingon side a bit or create a new toon in the meantime.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They didn't take any levels out and adding more levels is not what the End-game is. Nice 'not reading' there.
Um yea they did take levels of content out pre launch, and your whole point is a strawman.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyN View Post
Sorry but no. On the second time through when you have friends, gear, know the quests and fastest ways. Maybe. The first time through most MMOs? No. Go get to 75 in FFXI in 100 hours. You won't even be lvl 40. Get to 50 in **** in 100 hours, I played 10 hours a day for roughly a month before geting bored and i was 36. WoW took around 200 hours to hit level 60 back at launch on your first character. And with all of these games, you still had something else to do. You can't really blame people for "powering" through the content when there is only one type of content. It's not like you can stop leveling for a bit and do some gathering/crafting. Or go and explore places you know you shouldn't be yet just because you're curious. There's not a hub or interesting place to hang out in and chat.

The length and substance of this game is truly of an epic singleplayer RPG. The timeline and amount of "side quests" fits in perfectly. All the final fantasy games can be played for roughly around 80 hours before exhausting the content.

There just isn't an MMO feel to this game. It's simply not there. You can even do the things i mentioned in Champions Online, cryptics other MMO. Which made me think STO would have similiar content to CO. In it's current state this is just a multiplayer RPG, not a massively multiplayer RPG. The massively part is important for MMOs to sustain the subscription base ever chasing whatever carrot they set their eyes on.
I love the fact that you cherry pick two of the grindiest games in existence to hold up against this game. Also it is well documented that people did not have an end game in WoW until Molten Core was released months later.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraq. View Post
How many hours a day do you play?
I play 2 hours a day and hit Lt. Commander a few days ago.
But more content will be added soon, and even more will be in the future.
I play about 2-4 hours a day and just hit Lieutenant Commander a few days ago too. Basically these people are taking the path of least resistence (exploiting) or they are spending way too much time in front of their computers every day. Either way the STO Team should NOT pander to their requests.

Yes the game needs some things to do when you reach Admiral, but it should not be ALL or even the MOST of what the STO Team works on at this point in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't know but I barely get in 10 hours a week between having 2 jobs and a life lol. And no that bit about 'having a life' is not meant to impugn anyone who can afford to spend 20, 30 or even 40 hours a week playing this game. In fact I envy the hell out of you lol.

The amount of content so far though is perfect for me. More than I'll burn through before new stuff comes out.

As far as the MMO aspect, or more specifically the Massively part of the game, community is all about what you make of it. Get into a fleet. Start running missions with friends. Just because you can't see 100 night elves running around killing stuff doesn't make anyone feel anymore included or plugged in than they would feel just flying through sector space.

Shake some hands, say some hellos, and I bet you start to feel like there are a lot more people in the game than you thought there were when your focus was on 'gotta get to admiral as fast as I can'

Just my humble opinions. Not trying to flame anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Ive play every day since open beta.

In open beta I got to LVL 14 (lieutenant commander 4)

In headstart I made it to lieutenant 5

And finall now, im Lieutenant commander 4 AGAIN

I play every day after work (and looking after the family and cooking dinner and stuff) and I consider to have played 'above average' amount of time (2-3 hours a night, im not really GRINDING it during that time - just taking my time)

So - in 14 days of beta I played about 30-50 hours. In the 11 days since head start ive probably played about 30 hours.

This game is very easy to power level - just do fleet missions over and over and do pvp over and over and hey presto - your an admiral. Anyone who has done this (or played 5-10 hours a day) and is then whining that there is no end game content frankly gets what they deserve.

The only game I can think that cant be power leveled/ has an infinate time associated with it is EVE - so my suggestion would be go and play that for a while...
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
As you read through here an the guy asks legitement questions then gets flamed by the tools I mean fanboys but how many more days before the fanboys are in here crying about where there next level/quest is because they have maxed out, honestly reaching admiral is NOT hard at all the game is 100% easy to solo and if you get in groups its not even a challenge.

Personally I'm taking the time (been admiral for a few days now) checking skills on bo's making sure I get the right ones since I don't get xp anymore I only get BO skill points and testing gear sets. But if the end game content is anything like what is currently here then there will be alot of the instant gratification ppl and fanboys raging away against each other shortly after its released.