Lt. Commander
# 1 Do you have a Medical Officer?
02-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Do people tend to beam down with Medical Officers? If so, what do you normally train them in?

I'm trying to decide between a purely medical-trained BO, and a Science Officer with just a medical tricorder.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I do, but he's still an ensign.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
Do people tend to beam down with Medical Officers? If so, what do you normally train them in?

I'm trying to decide between a purely medical-trained BO, and a Science Officer with just a medical tricorder.
I bring down 1 Tactical BOff, 1 Engineering BOff, 1 Science BOff (crowd control), 1 Science BOff (medical), plus me (Tactical Captain).

The crowd control science BOff has stasis field and gravimetric shift (which roots targets) and stasis field. The medical BOff has medical tricorder and vascular regeneration. I haven't found a need for the Hypospray Toxin Removal, but I won't be surprised if I need it later (currently Commander 2).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Same here. One of my science officers has only medical skills as to simulate a doctor for my ship
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF

I have 1 specialized in only medic abilities and I have another science officer with me for debuffing.
My standard away team set up is:
- Me (science - doctor specced, but usually debuffing with the kit for more exposes, 2x exploit weapons)
- Medic officer (medic abilities, expose weapon)
- Science officer (ranged debuff abilities, expose weapon)
- Engineer officer (ranged regenerate abilities and close range defense abilities (mines), exploit weapon)
- Tactical officer (specialized in melee attacks, expose weapon)

Most my team is basicly for melee damage, but if a bad guy comes through my defenses then my tactical and engineer sort him out.

Generally I don't have much problems with beating groups, not even if I accidently get 2 more groups on me then planned. Infact, occasionally I 1 shot 4 guys at the same time, leaving only 1 npc left to fight off, which we make quick work off.
I have to say though that about 75% of the game I played with an engineer friend.

Btw, my medic is wearing the teal colours, while the science has the blue colours in the uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
How exactly are your medical officers trained? What skills?