Ensign
# 31
02-23-2014, 01:35 PM
lol Yeah I use to run this game on my old AMD quad core PC fine. Just built a new PC this past winter & out of 130 Steam games & 5 Origin games this is the only one that wont work. Getting a bsod on install from the launcher. Checked drivers multiple times, switched RAM from another PC, switched GPU's, & still no go. This game really does not like AMD & was badly coded.

CPU: AMD 8320 Black Edition 8 core 3.5Ghz/4.2Ghz OC
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus +Artic Silver 5 Goo
Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-D3P AM3/AM3+
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws X 16Gbs-2x8GBs 1866Mhz ----tryed 8gbs 4x2gbs kingston 1333mhz
GPU: MSI Radeon HD7870Ghz OC Edition ------tryed xfx hd 5570
Hdd: Sandisk 128GB SSD boot drive
2x1Tb Hitachi 7200RPM Hdd
2Tb WD MyBook 7200RPM external Hdd
PSU: Rosewill Hive 650W 80+Bronze Full Modular
Case: Rosewill Challenger USB3.0v Mid-tower
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
02-23-2014, 01:48 PM
*something about gray screen of necro*

EDIT: Fyi, both of you guys run AMD hardware. How about checking the temperature and the actual BSOD code in eventviewer... (Start=>Run=>eventvwr).
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Ensign
# 33
02-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Well I seemed to have fixed my bsod launcher problems. I went into event viewer & googled the 6 error codes I got. Came across a person with the exact same problem on a different game that I had in a random forum. Turned out their Norton anti-virus was the problem & some W7 desktop gadgets + monitoring programs can cause issues.
I turned off:
avast
malwarebytes
IObits malwarefighter
turned off desktop gadgets/ monitoring:
calender
digital date/time
cpu meter,gpu meter + temp monitor addon
msi afterburner/rivaTuner monitor overlay
AdvancedSystemsCare7/ performance monitor gadget

Find it weird in 12 years of PC gaming never had a problem like this one. Online forums everyone's 1st reactions are its a hardware/driver or ATI/AMD compatibility problem. Any hoo I m curently 7Gbs out of 8.5Gbs done downloading now. Hope this helps anyone having similar issues.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
02-23-2014, 04:33 PM
Nice find! Good to see someone actually researching their problem. Thums up.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Captain
# 35
02-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedskittles View Post
Well I seemed to have fixed my bsod launcher problems. I went into event viewer & googled the 6 error codes I got. Came across a person with the exact same problem on a different game that I had in a random forum. Turned out their Norton anti-virus was the problem & some W7 desktop gadgets + monitoring programs can cause issues.
I turned off:
avast
malwarebytes
IObits malwarefighter
turned off desktop gadgets/ monitoring:
calender
digital date/time
cpu meter,gpu meter + temp monitor addon
msi afterburner/rivaTuner monitor overlay
AdvancedSystemsCare7/ performance monitor gadget

Find it weird in 12 years of PC gaming never had a problem like this one. Online forums everyone's 1st reactions are its a hardware/driver or ATI/AMD compatibility problem. Any hoo I m curently 7Gbs out of 8.5Gbs done downloading now. Hope this helps anyone having similar issues.
FYI you should never keep Malwarebytes nor IObits malware fighter on your computer's HD, keep them stored in an external HD or thumbdrive.

These and other fix/diagnostic softwares, were one of the leading causes for bsod in the past for me.

I run an AMD cpu and do not experience bsod issues with this game client, the only issues I myself have experienced from bsod usually comes from drivers/anti-virus related problems/diagnostic softwares/viruses,malware,spyware.

My best advise is to keep as little as possible on your computer's HD/HD's as possible, and watch what you download and places you visit as I have on a few occasions have to do complete HD wipes and re-installs of the OS.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Ensign
# 36
02-28-2014, 05:54 AM
Hello. I'm new to this game, I installed it yesterday. I downloaded everything I needed to start. When I start the launcher, it works fine, checks for updates in the beginning, and when I see on the top left corner of the window the "Play Now" button, I click it. Another window pops up, some "Downloading latest version..." starts, then a "Patching" starts, and a few seconds later during that "Patching", I get BSOD with this message DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (NETIO.SYS). This happens every single time.

I am running it in a laptop with Windows 8.1, a Dual Core Intel Pentium, Intel HD Graphics (Integrated, obviously) with the latest drivers. I haven't been installing any new software in weeks, but this one.
Captain
# 37
03-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxinorie View Post
Hello. I'm new to this game, I installed it yesterday. I downloaded everything I needed to start. When I start the launcher, it works fine, checks for updates in the beginning, and when I see on the top left corner of the window the "Play Now" button, I click it. Another window pops up, some "Downloading latest version..." starts, then a "Patching" starts, and a few seconds later during that "Patching", I get BSOD with this message DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (NETIO.SYS). This happens every single time.

I am running it in a laptop with Windows 8.1, a Dual Core Intel Pentium, Intel HD Graphics (Integrated, obviously) with the latest drivers. I haven't been installing any new software in weeks, but this one.
Clearly looks like a driver issue, may need to double check that the updated drivers actually took.

You may also need reinstall them just to be sure, also make sure your visual C++ and Netframework are there and up to date.

Could be a problematic driver coming from the gpu which tend to be quite often, try possibly to roll back and see how it goes.

If you prefer updating it, get it directly through it's manufacturer only.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet