Lt. Commander
Hi,

i travel a lot and have subscribed for 6 months, how can i play when i am away on business, i tried to install STO on my laptop but it requires the key, which saya that is allready taken.

i play most of my online games on the STEAM network i was kinda hoping i could play this on the run.

can anyone help?

cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 12:50 PM
You only need to setup the key once, it is tied to your account, not the game install.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertinax View Post
Hi,

i travel a lot and have subscribed for 6 months, how can i play when i am away on business, i tried to install STO on my laptop but it requires the key, which saya that is allready taken.

i play most of my online games on the STEAM network i was kinda hoping i could play this on the run.

can anyone help?

cheers
You don't require the key to install the client for the game. The only place that you need to input your key is on the STO website to activate your account. It is not tied to your PC at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 08:42 AM
I have the Star Trek Online disk but when i try to install it it wants the key, when i input the key it says its allready being used.
i then tried to download the client but at 96K it would have taken forever to download.

im still stuck guys, what can i do ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Okay, first things first, making duplicate threads is a banable offense so cut that out. Second, as I already said you do not need to put the key in a second time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Put both computers on the same network and drag the star trek online folder over to your laptop.

If you are playing through steam you can just download on your laptop.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Sorry to but in but I think I can answer the OP question as I just had to re-install windows on my sons computer, so instead of downloading the client again for STO, I used my CD to install the game for him.

When I installed the game, a web page automatically poped up asking for the key. I just closed the window and the install continued as it was still running in the background. Since my sons key is already attached to his account, it did not matter that I did not enter it again.

Whoever setup the install should not have created this pop up to ask for the key, it would probably have been better to give the option to go to the STO website and enter the key with a notice that if you have already done this, you do not need to do it again.

So in effect, you can install the game on as many pc's as you want, but you can only have you account 'in game' on one at a time.

Hope this helps, and if I am wrong I am sure someone will tell me
Delekahn