Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Is that why I was unable to use any weapons in PVP once? God I hate exploiters, especially the ones who whine then their crutch gets taken away (MES/Rammingspeed).
to be fair, i've had klinks use it on me when it was broken.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevedis View Post

be glad we are even queueing up for FvK at all, we could just go KvK
except those matches are always incresdably long as no one ever decloaks
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
it's because they got rofl owned on CTP.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Is that why I was unable to use any weapons in PVP once? God I hate exploiters, especially the ones who whine then their crutch gets taken away (MES/Rammingspeed).
I can't wait till they somehow fix targeting to ignore mines and drones. I have the option checked to ignore destructible objects and it still selects these things when I tab. Anyone got a solution here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundredth View Post
I don't queue for capture and hold maps because
1) They're not 5man, so my fleet can't do it together without depending on people we don't trust
2) There aren't enough klingons to fill a capture and hold game from the start in T5. Well, maybe there are enough, but it just doesn't happen.
3) The design of the capture and hold map is extremely dull and nonresponsive to player action.
Actually, it happens with most tiers. Everyone likes the quick and dirty deathmatches, where, if you're a Kling, you get to attack at your leisure. No pressure. In Capture and Hold you actually have to decloak to win. It makes Klings uneasy.

That, and deathmatch is faster usually. All the better to level up by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
except those matches are always incresdably long as no one ever decloaks
I lol'd at this. It's so true. Finally one brave soul uncloaks, and starts the slaughter, out of sheer boredom if anything.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
i'm a bit depressed though, it takes substantially longer to get a pvp match in tier 5 than it was in tier 4 (just went 13/15 in kills on cracked planetoid, in a pug)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
Looks to me they are only queuing for the cracked planet match. No salvage or any other capture the flag games pop any more.

maybe its because they have the distinct advantage in cracked as the pic in this thread shows.
http://gamesnafu.com/smf/index.php?topic=978.0

It shows only 3 of the carriers in the match. There are at least 30+ contacts there. So including the 4th carrier, all his spawns and the one BoP that was there 5 feds were fighting 45+ Klingons. Kinda sad the klingons take the PvP so seriously. They were jeering the feds and going on and on about how we suck at PvP yet they were sitting in among so many fighters you couldn't even see the klingons. Yet they are the ones that lose the capture the flag games most of the time as we are the ones that work better together.

Sad really that Cryptic let the end game PvP come to this.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Funny, that looks like the 3 fed cruisers with 100000000000000000 quantum mines around them.

lrn2adapt
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Funny, that looks like the 3 fed cruisers with 100000000000000000 quantum mines around them.

lrn2adapt
hyperbole fail, also, he's in a fedship
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
Feds win Capture and Hold, as KDF makes no attempt to cap and just fights as its quicker.
Isn't the carrier + pets big enough to cover two points on a cap & hold map at once?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 05:59 PM
There's a number of reasons Klinks dont queue for the territories at T5, but the main one being they mostly lose.

You lose your main advantage in the capture and hold which is cloaking. It's actually a liability on that map. If you win almost all the time on cracked, why bother with the salvage missions? Plus, at this point people don't need exp anymore so no one cares about timers.

The reason klinks dont queue for briar or solar wind is because the feds dont queue for them. They just queue for cracked otherwise you'd definitely see more Klingons queue those as well as they offer the same advantage.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
It was the same in all the tiers on the way up, cracked planet is the first one to get queued for, then capture then eventually the ground maps. Nothing for anyone to get their knickers in a twist over.

When all the Klingons start rerolling to a different class to pass the time, then Fed PvP'ers should start worrying :p