Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
For about 2-3 weeks I had the ability to transwarp to any federation sector, but after I was promoted to Captain, I lost that ability.

Unsure if it has anything to do with my promotion or just Cryptic testing it out and they disabled it now, does anyone know?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Nesbin
For about 2-3 weeks I had the ability to transwarp to any federation sector, but after I was promoted to Captain, I lost that ability.

Unsure if it has anything to do with my promotion or just Cryptic testing it out and they disabled it now, does anyone know?
Did you change ships? Because that ability is from the Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks, that's what it was, at least I understand it now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Dont mind the waits, wish you can set you destination, say across the sector, or quadrent, set speed, then wonder your ship, and be told when you arrive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Helotes View Post
Dont mind the waits, wish you can set you destination, say across the sector, or quadrent, set speed, then wonder your ship, and be told when you arrive.
That would be an awesome feature. You are traveling in a fleet (team), the fleet sets course, then all meet on one ship for a game of poker. You then alerted that you have arrived at your destination or your group has been jump by a DSE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Make Federation Ambassador and you can TW to DS9, K7, and SB 39. Yeah, it's only 3 systems, and all on shared cooldown, but it beats flying across the map for 5-10 minutes depending on your speed and if you have Slipstream. Itís especially helpful when youíre heading toward a location that you have a daily on. I understand how you're saying it's very limited on usage, it irritates me sometimes as well. But this is one thing I am kind of glad that Cryptic more or less stayed with canon on. Don't forget that this was experimental tech a little over 100 years ago and not reliable whatsoever. You think the Borg just had TW one day and it was perfect? No, it probably took them a good couple centuries to get close to what they have now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Helotes View Post
Dont mind the waits, wish you can set you destination, say across the sector, or quadrent, set speed, then wonder your ship, and be told when you arrive.
I used to be an avid player of Bridge Commander since the game first came out in 2000, and I miss the seemlessness between the bridge and outside space environment - although you couldn't wander the ship per say - only the bridge with the right plug-in - but it would be nice in any map - individual solar system or system map.

So I share your sentiment.

Kitty
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
Make Federation Ambassador and you can TW to DS9, K7, and SB 39. Yeah, it's only 3 systems, and all on shared cooldown, but it beats flying across the map for 5-10 minutes depending on your speed and if you have Slipstream. Itís especially helpful when youíre heading toward a location that you have a daily on. I understand how you're saying it's very limited on usage, it irritates me sometimes as well. But this is one thing I am kind of glad that Cryptic more or less stayed with canon on. Don't forget that this was experimental tech a little over 100 years ago and not reliable whatsoever. You think the Borg just had TW one day and it was perfect? No, it probably took them a good couple centuries to get close to what they have now.
Um actually yes.. the Borg did just get TW one day and it was perfect... Cause they assimilated it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-11-2010, 10:29 AM
I'd be happy if they would just cut the transwarp cooldown from 30 minutes to 5 or 10.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-11-2010, 02:02 PM
I personally want it to be a static 30 minutes, not just 30 minutes of space flying time. I hate that the transwarp cooldown does not go down while I m spending time in Earthdock or on a ground mission
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 PM.