Lt. Commander
someone or something turned off my opponent's RSP. As in, he activated it then 5 seconds later it stopped flashing and his shields went 100% down. My natural responce was of course "da ****?", and throughout the match numerous times people's RSP went down also, so it wasn't just once. I'm inclined to guess that it was Beam: target shield subsystems, but I'm not sure thats right or if I'm even completely sane at this point .

this leads me to the question: has anyone experienced this? If this is the case, would knocking someone's shields out be the answer to RSP and other shield related buffs? Am I completely losing it?

(I'm posting this here because it pertains more to pvp than to pve because nothing in pve uses RSP against you.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Beam: Target Shields maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
someone or something turned off my opponent's RSP. As in, he activated it then 5 seconds later it stopped flashing and his shields went 100% down. My natural responce was of course "da ****?", and throughout the match numerous times people's RSP went down also, so it wasn't just once. I'm inclined to guess that it was Beam: target shield subsystems, but I'm not sure thats right or if I'm even completely sane at this point .

this leads me to the question: has anyone experienced this? If this is the case, would knocking someone's shields out be the answer to RSP and other shield related buffs? Am I completely losing it?

(I'm posting this here because it pertains more to pvp than to pve because nothing in pve uses RSP against you.)
I've experienced this against good Fed teams in my BoP in beta, which is one reason I don't think RSP is over powered. There are counters to it, but people would rather complain than try new things.

EDIT: Pretty sure it's target shields.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
I've experienced this against good Fed teams in my BoP in beta, which is one reason I don't think RSP is over powered. There are counters to it, but people would rather complain than try new things.

EDIT: Pretty sure it's target shields.

There are way, way too many eggs-in-one-basket players in this game.

If I run into a bunch of RSP guys, I switch over to phaser turrets for this. 5% chance to shut down a subsystem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
I use phaser turrets for this. 5% chance to shut down a subsystem.
^^^ this is what is happening.