Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
Perhaps if WoWtards stopped trying to compare this game to that horrible mess that entertains only the mindless masses.
see this is what I was talking about. WoWtards are like unicorns, they only really exist in the stories people write about them. You all just think it somehow validates your points if you create this fictional villain persona of the wowtard that everyone should dislike. It's like saying "well I'm right or do you agree with the boogeyman?" Most players of WoW that I have met are pretty decent people who just happen to like a game that you don't play. Granted WoW isn't my bag either but turning them into this characture of the drooling bafoon who runs around screaming "i'm an ork and WoW is my god" while throwing his own feces is just plain silly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2010, 04:10 PM
you mean point out an award winning formula for online games that kept it top for what 6 years?

quite alot of the wow related comments are actually made by wowhaters even before the poster has compared it to wow. Other have compared it to other games as they are seeing teh same pattern on the forum which has caused them to fail.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetland
you mean point out an award winning formula for online games that kept it top for what 6 years?

quite alot of the wow related comments are actually made by wowhaters even before the poster has compared it to wow. Other have compared it to other games as they are seeing teh same pattern on the forum which has caused them to fail.
agreed. the wow hate always gets posted when the OP never even compares the game to wow. and if they do compare it to wow there is a reason. As you said it's an award winning game. And despite how cool and hip it is to talk trash on WoW the people who talk this trash also think WoW was blizzards first game and they just got lucky. Blizzard is renowned as one of the best game companies of all time. Ask any gamer over the age of 20 what game company they trust to always deliver quality and never try to stiff them with crap games....l guarantee you they will say blizzard.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
fair enough you're annoyed. Can I just say though Ten Forward is that way -->
this is STO discussion
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Eh, it is easier to just try and discount the opinions of people that disagree with you than to actually take the time to discuss things rationally. So people call the ones they disagree with "wowtard" or "fanboi" or whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 04:24 PM
or if they are really confused fantard and wowboy
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
agreed. the wow hate always gets posted when the OP never even compares the game to wow. and if they do compare it to wow there is a reason. As you said it's an award winning game. And despite how cool and hip it is to talk trash on WoW the people who talk this trash also think WoW was blizzards first game and they just got lucky. Blizzard is renowned as one of the best game companies of all time. Ask any gamer over the age of 20 what game company they trust to always deliver quality and never try to stiff them with crap games....l guarantee you they will say blizzard.
Activision (Blzizard) is also the ONLY video game company in my research that is both BBB acredited AND has a A+ rank.

That says ALOT
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Just what we need, another wow thread!!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 04:47 PM
well, since STO isn't WoW, stop calling your fleets guilds, and your missions/assignments quests. STO isn't fantasy, it's science fiction. thare's a difference between the 2. i've seen in chat references to quests.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
well, since STO isn't WoW, stop calling your fleets guilds, and your missions/assignments quests. STO isn't fantasy, it's science fiction. thare's a difference between the 2. i've seen in chat references to quests.
Blame STO, they do use a bing giant Q for the quest icons in the hailing frequency and on the sector map.